You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

56 minutes ago, Code said:

Another game, another goal.

Rememeber when people wanted to sell Salah and argued that Mane was the better player. 

Those were the days. 

4D7F7DC1-9A3E-4A68-B724-D5A452FAF53F.jpeg

It was a complete and utter, Boris Johnson level aberration of a notion when they were both firing on all cylinders, now it should be a bannable offence. If he leaves in the summer and we fail to sign either Mbappe or Haaland it will have been a disastrous window regardless of what else happens. 

Every fucking bit as pivotal to our success over the two and a half seasons prior to this one as Van Dijk.

On 10/04/2021 at 20:54, Code said:

Rememeber when people wanted to sell Salah and argued that Mane was the better player. 

Those were the days. 

I admit I was one of them. I admit now I was wrong but when they are both in form there isn’t a lot between the two. 
I suppose Salah’s consistency has been incredible in comparison, which is absolutely massive. But opinions change quickly, and fans forget quickly too. Mane and Firminio in form were unbelievable but it’s hard to remember until you watch the old matches, particularly when overwhelmed with disappointment by how they played recently.

Although as I say, I see now Salah is the one.

Mo Salah is a great player. He is turning 30 soon and if we have to sell, now is the right time. For 150 million we could do a massive squad rebuild and improve the team. Who ever thought  Salah would develop into such a great player? There are hundreds out there, don't weep. And don't ask who, because you wouldn't know. 

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd like him to go.  

I dunno, I'm a massive cock, but I embrace the merry-go-round, you can't fight it. 

But just think that with Kane and Mbappe likely to move it will prove unlikely a big bidder will emerge. 

PSG will need a replacement. 

47 minutes ago, therevivalist said:

Mo Salah is a great player. He is turning 30 soon and if we have to sell, now is the right time. For 150 million we could do a massive squad rebuild and improve the team. Who ever thought  Salah would develop into such a great player? There are hundreds out there, don't weep. And don't ask who, because you wouldn't know. 

How about we let him turn 29 first?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

Who's paying 150m for him? Nobody can afford haaland and he's at the start of his career and not "the end" as you would seem to think. We've got a player who's smashing all the records there's ever been at anfield. The lad is 28. The lad is fit as anyone in football and virtually never gets injured. He'll have a career as long as Ronaldo. 

On 10/04/2021 at 20:54, Code said:

Those were the days. 

Some fans still want to sell him. It's fucking astonishing. One of the few bright spots of this abomination of a season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/02/2021 at 00:42, Code said:

But he wasnt and he scored a lot less goals and get fewer assists than Salah do, even if Salah is a winger and Suarez a striker. 

Salah vs Suarez for Liverpool

Salah:

A3341452-7CC8-42B4-A7AE-F2A3AB82EC01.jpeg

Suarez:

8B7B212A-2CEB-41A9-9488-CDBB5B1523F2.jpeg

Just looking at the bare figure in the PL and presuming all the starts are 90 minutes (I know they aren’t) they are very close in terms of goals per game.

Suarez scored on average a goal every 136 minutes. 

In a much better side Salah scores every 133 minutes.

Two great players and top class goalscores with Salah just coming out on top in the league.

The assist ratio per game is almost identical for them. 

Suarez 23 in 105 games. Salah 31 in 137 games. 

I preferred Suarez as I thought he gave more outside of those stats but am a big fan of Mo's too and he is a much better pro. 

It is a however, a misrepresentation to say that Suarez "scored a lot less goals and get fewer assists than Salah" though. 

Edit: Because Mo has only 3 in 12 league games since this was posted Suarez's league goals per game for Liverpool are now ahead of Salah's. 

1 hour ago, Supremolad said:

Just a few assists from being in our Top 5 assisters of the PL era. Not too bad for a fella who is apparently very selfish and greedy.

20210511_233604.jpg

So Trent would need to replicate what he has already done x 3 at the same level to pass Gerrard. Wow!

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Salah has played in 48 games this year and has 5 assists. That is less than half of what he got the previous two years (12 and 13) - and a third of what he had his first season. (16)

We have been brutal at finishing but that seems strange.

Last couple of years most of those assists would have been to Mane and Firmino, but with both of them having fallen off a cliff this season, the number of assists for Salah has also fallen. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Last couple of years most of those assists would have been to Mane and Firmino, but with both of them having fallen off a cliff this season, the number of assists for Salah has also fallen. 

Yea, I get that - Mane especially - Firmino has 6 in the league this season, he had 8 last.

Another factor is it seems everyone in the league is scoring less. We will end up with 60 goals this season is my guess.

Down about 25 from our average over the last few seasons.

City will finish in the mid 70's - that side averaged over 100 a year for a good few years in a row. Spurs/Arse have fallen from mid 70 each year to under 50 for Arsenal.

17 hours ago, Razoray said:

Just looking at the bare figure in the PL and presuming all the starts are 90 minutes (I know they aren’t) they are very close in terms of goals per game.

Suarez scored on average a goal every 136 minutes. 

In a much better side Salah scores every 133 minutes.

Two great players and top class goalscores with Salah just coming out on top in the league.

The assist ratio per game is almost identical for them. 

Suarez 23 in 105 games. Salah 31 in 137 games. 

I preferred Suarez as I thought he gave more outside of those stats but am a big fan of Mo's too and he is a much better pro. 

It is a however, a misrepresentation to say that Suarez "scored a lot less goals and get fewer assists than Salah" though. 

Edit: Because Mo has only 3 in 12 league games since this was posted Suarez's league goals per game for Liverpool are now ahead of Salah's. 

Code loves Salah to the extent of dismissing all players who challenge him in the modern era. Suarez was a phenomenon in a pretty ordinary side,at least defensively. Salah is also a phenomenon but in a much better side. Having both alongside Mane and Jota would be incredible.

• Upvote 2