You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

10 hours ago, No2 said:

@Code sit down before reading on.

Salah has been fucking shit, shit against Everton, shit against Brighton, shit against Utd, shit against Burnley and WBA, shit against City. He's been as bad as the others bar West Ham when he played well. He was good at Spurs too but so where the others. At least Manè is involved and working hard when he's shit, Bobby is kicking the ground before shooting but its still more than Salah on his shit days. Salah is just hatching waiting to bump up his numbers. He should be played as a center forward because he's not putting the work in for a winger and is damaging the rest of the side.

By shit I mean I had to check the Burnley and WBA team sheets to confirm if he even played, Brighton would have the same but for the early miss.

Some parts of TLW have always rated triers, some people on here actually rated Kuyt ffs. 

• Downvote 1

Mane was very good,well relatively speaking,when playing down the centre against Everton for about 10 minutes until he was inexplicably put back out wide again. Mo also looks effective centrally when given the chance too. I would rather have two up front and drop Firmino as what is currently happening just isnt working. Just swapping Firmino for Origi isnt going to cut it either.

On 22/02/2021 at 22:10, Code said:

Some parts of TLW have always rated triers, some people on here actually rated Kuyt ffs. 

Kuyt and Lucas fan boys all because they run lots....

If Mo was as shit as being suggested we wouldn’t even be top 10 it’s that simple, the feeling from some on here he don’t run is fucking nonsense, he don’t stop he chases everything down.

188 games 118 goals 41 assists.

Shit.

50 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Tell the players whoever is fouled gets to take the pen and there's a goal bonus we might start seeing players run into the box.

Why would you let Mane take a penalty? He suck at them. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Tell the players whoever is fouled gets to take the pen and there's a goal bonus we might start seeing players run into the box.

I understand what you're getting at but there's a couple of good reasons not to go that way. Better still, players stop acting like spoilt little shits and realise it is the team's good. I hate seeing players argue over who is taking the pen even when it's oppos not involving us. They're acting like bleedin' kids not grown supposedly professional sportsmen.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

After 10 hours of blanks at home, a shot on goal is a shot on goal ...Beggars can’t be choosers 

You actually think he’ll hit the target, I’ll have some of what you’re smoking.

God says Jurgen should move Mo on if he wants to leave.

Robbie Fowler claims Liverpool should cash in on Mohamed Salah if the Egyptian winger wants to leave the club this summer. 

Salah has been the Reds' key man since arriving at Anfield nearly four years ago and has led the Merseysiders to a Champions League triumph in 2019 and the Premier League title last season.

But with the Reds languishing outside the top-four places and Salah continually linked with a move to either Real Madrid or Barcelona, former Liverpool striker Fowler thinks Jurgen Klopp should let the forward go if his heart lies elsewhere. 

The former England striker told the Mirror: 'I’m not having a go at Salah. I love him to bits. But I truly believe that transfers now are largely about what players want, so the ball is in his court, not Liverpool’s.

'If he wants to go, then he should go. If a player wants to leave, we have to accept it’s in the mix.

'I’m a firm believer that if they are unhappy and want to be going, then they should be going.'

Since arriving from Roma in the summer of 2017, Salah has scored 118 goals in 189 appearances for Liverpool in all competitions and formed a clinical front three partnership with Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane. 

While Salah has 24 goals in 37 league appearances this season, Liverpool are seventh in the Premier League table ahead of the visit of Fulham on Sunday, four points behind fourth-placed Chelsea. 

The Reds also lost in the FA Cup fourth round to Manchester United and while they are likely to reach the Champions League quarter-finals as they lead RB Leipzig 2-0 in the last-16 first-leg, their progress under Klopp has gone backwards. 

Fowler believes Klopp could treat Salah in the same way he dealt with Philippe Coutinho's desire to leave Anfield. The Brazilian was sold to Barcelona for an initial £105million in January 2018 after question marks were made about his future.  

Fowler added: 'Jurgen Klopp has said the same, too – he doesn’t want anyone at the club who doesn’t want to be there. It is my belief that was his attitude with Philippe Coutinho. He agitated for a move.

'Klopp didn’t want Coutinho because he thought his attitude wasn’t right, and he didn’t want that poison in his camp in the end. 

'So if Salah is truly ­unhappy, if he is upset he hasn’t been given a new contract or whatever, then cash in, get as much as you can for him and use the money to make tweaks with the current team.

'I’m a fan of Salah, obviously, who wouldn’t be? But Liverpool didn’t miss Coutinho that much, did they?'

Speaking about the cryptic tweet, Fowler claimed: 'Mo Salah’s agent knew what he was doing when he tweeted that full stop after the game on Thursday. I saw it and straight away I thought, "Here comes trouble".

'He can dress it up however he wants now, but, as the agent of a high-­profile player, you know that anything you say is scrutinised forensically and ­anything cryptic like that can be interpreted in sinister ways. 

'I’ve not got a clue what he meant, but it was clearly pointed.'

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

No ones going to pay his value, so what's more important a low fee we spend on an inferior player or keeping him, his goals and assists. I'd keep him another year, we sure as shit ain't going to spend any money.

I can already see the Echo headline. Salah sale signals start of summer spending spree*

*2022. Summer spending spree of 2022**

**Assuming Liverpool qualify for the Champions League in 2022

• Downvote 1

On 05/03/2021 at 19:56, SlugTrail said:

Well he is a gibbering idiot so I would guess so.

Those words from Owen shows exactly what kind of person he is himself I reckon. That’s maybe how he would be thinking, putting himself and his dislike for a team mate first.

Salah and Mane may not be the best of mates, what the fuck do I know, but I dont for a second believe that either of them would act like that. That he even came up with this theory telles me that Owen is more of a self cemtered little twat than I ever thought he was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Code said:

I love Mo but he really should knock this fluttering of his eyelashes at Real and \ or Barcelona.

I remember when Kev said he wanted to leave Liverpool, it was a bit like lancing a boil. At least he was upfront about it and didnt drag it out by making statements about other clubs.

Pack it in Mo. Please. Hope you get a hattrick tonight with assists from Sadio.

9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I love Mo but he really should knock this fluttering of his eyelashes at Real and \ or Barcelona.

I remember when Kev said he wanted to leave Liverpool, it was a bit like lancing a boil. At least he was upfront about it and didnt drag it out by making statements about other clubs.

Pack it in Mo. Please. Hope you get a hattrick tonight with assists from Sadio.

Yeah, I'd rather he kept his head down and then joined them anyway, like McManaman and Alonso did.