You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The fa paid for Davies by paying Gomez's wages since he got injured. And then we'll sell him in the summer for a profit. It was just an opportunity to make money, nothing more. 

You'll never keep players if they want to go. Well you might, but it is as likely to blow up in your face as replacing them. But that's not the conversation we're having. This thread (and others on here) has been "let's get rid of our best player so we can sign some flavour of the day who might be our best player". And then people wonder why players want to play elsewhere. It's astonishing how little respect is given to our players, especially it seems from the very same people who can't stop giving love to our Bostonian overlords. 

It's not a lack of respect, it's realism. You're the one on here all day talking about how every decision the club makes is financial, yet you can't get why discussing the potential sale of Salah or Mané, who both only have two years left on their contracts is legitimate? Give me a break. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He'd still have been suspended twice and Jurgen would have had him out of the club quicker than Sakho because of them.

Sakho was sent packing due to his unprofessional attitude in training something I could never imagine Suarez being accused of. Jurgen would have loved his battling qualities on the pitch, pity we never witnessed them together.

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not a lack of respect, it's realism. You're the one on here all day talking about how every decision the club makes is financial, yet you can't get why discussing the potential sale of Salah or Mané, who both only have two years left on their contracts is legitimate? Give me a break. 

No I'm saying our fans who want Salah sold are nutjobs. And they are. Instead of getting excited by flogging our stars, they should be pressuring those Bostonian gobshites to let the club spend its own money and buy some fucking footballers. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Sakho was sent packing due to his unprofessional attitude in training something I could never imagine Suarez being accused of. Jurgen would have loved his battling qualities on the pitch, pity we never witnessed them together.

Pretty sure he decided not to train in order to force a move to Arsenal. The mad mental biting lunatic that he is. 

14 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I’ve posted this in a match thread but I think there’s bad blood between him and Sadio. Watch the goal celebrations, they barely acknowledge each other. This can’t be helping. 

Interesting to see how some of our fans have turned professional body language experts. It is rare to for anyone to be great mates with every single colleague at work. People just continue to look for every bit of nonsense to fan the flames. You want them kissing or what? There were other players who celebrated that goal with Salah with barely a little pat on the back too. And there are times when both have celebrated with each other in a more enthusiastic fashion.

In the same game, both players combined well as they very often do. Salah played a brilliant reverse pass to Mane which only didn't result in a goal because of poor control. They might not be best of mates but they still function well together. 

• Upvote 1