You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I think he's way out in front on his own. I'm struggling to name the others I'd have in the top 3.

I'll have Robertson and Henderson in the top 3. However I do agree it is fair to say Salah is ahead of those two based on how well he has performed overall.

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

It's mad, loads of our fans think he's been poor and there's plenty who'd have him at the front of the queue to be sold to bring some random coming in. He's the one we should be doing everything to keep. 

Absolutely mate. He's getting on with his job and playing really well. I think he's irreplaceable right now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think its because he's the only one who would fetch a giant fee so we can build for the future, he's 29 in June. Like Paisley said let players grow old on someone else's watch. He is brilliant though, in a sell to buy club its a gamble whatever you do. Ideally we keep him and swap Bobby for some bitcoin.

Honestly with the pandemic I doubt we'd even get a giant fee anymore.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's mad, loads of our fans think he's been poor and there's plenty who'd have him at the front of the queue to be sold to bring some random coming in. He's the one we should be doing everything to keep. 

I think people are just assuming he's the one that is most likely to want to leave. But yeah, right now his goal scoring is too important and difficult to replace. 

10 hours ago, Code said:

The lack of appreciation for what Salah is doing is doing my head in.

He is absolute sensational, his record is amazing for winger/wide forward. 

6553E042-1DBD-4C6E-9CD9-7920ADC32E18.jpeg

1C2B6ECE-C44B-4204-826A-B6F178DF5536.jpeg

Very few don't 'not appreciate' him but plenty of fans are worried he might have to be sold to strengthen the team. There is a major difference between the two.

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Very few don't 'not appreciate' him but plenty of fans are worried he might have to be sold to strengthen the team. There is a major difference between the two.

I'm not sure I understand that logic to be honest. He's in the top group of players in the world and in a world players like Pepe cost 70m. Surely we should be keeping hold of him if we want to be a top team? Have FSG really reduced people's expectations to the point that we can only refresh the squad by selling our best player? I know that's pretty much been their go to plan since they arrived, but honestly what's the point of after winning everything that our only plan is the sell the best things we have? Are we fucking Brighton or something? We act like some kind of imposter at the top table and we're turning over 500m per season. 

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

there's a couple of people over one the transfer thread right now advocating flogging him to get haaland in. i honestly don't even begin to understand it. 

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Me, when he runs into players over and over and over. Then he scores 2 and kick myself in the bollocks as penance.

3 hours ago, skaro said:

If one or two others ran the ball over and over into the net with anything approaching his aggregate, we'd be fine.

He's mocking you 

The same twatteratti twats droning on about selling Mo to get Haaland, are the same twats shouting for Jurgen to be sacked. They're no more than FIFA 2021 \ Football Manager types who think being successful is just a question of buying shit loads of supposedly top players or simply pressing the re start button on their game console.

Fucking lampard at chelsea should make them realise buying everyone's favourite isnt the bee all and end all.

Unfortunately, the club's drive to 'engage' with these twats via social media means we will have more and more of these airheads jumping the bus. It's a thing for the shiteness of modern football thread.

• Upvote 4