You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Why does it have to be either or with you? Salah and Mane are on the same level except Salah is generally a more deadly finisher I'd say. Mane's approach play is fantastic but you are not always convinced he will finish the chances created,with Salah you tend to believe he will actually finish most of those. I'd take Mane's approach play over Salah though.

What are you talking about?

I answered a post where someone said Mane was the best forward in the league, and I compared him to the actually best forward in the league, Salah.

Saying Mane is better than Salah is on par with saying £10 are worth more than £100, but hey ho, we have menatlists everywhere. 

30 minutes ago, Code said:

What are you talking about?

I answered a post where someone said Mane was the best forward in the league, and I compared him to the actually best forward in the league, Salah.

Saying Mane is better than Salah is on par with saying £10 are worth more than £100, but hey ho, we have menatlists everywhere. 

You said Curtis Jones gave the ball away loads against West Brom when the reality was he gave it away the least in the team and went silent when it was pointed out to you.  You now seem to be saying Salah is 10 times the player Mane is.  There’s only one mentalist here.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You said Curtis Jones gave the ball away loads against West Brom when the reality was he gave it away the least in the team and went silent when it was pointed out to you.  You now seem to be saying Salah is 1 times the player Mane is.  There’s only one mentalist here.

Silent? I guess you dont understand the difference of giving the ball away needlessly and not complete a pass.

4 minutes ago, Code said:

Silent? I guess you dont understand the difference of giving the ball away needlessly and not complete a pass.

Nope.  I literally said he gave the ball away once stupidly in the first half which led to a counter and then in the second which led to their goal.  He wasn’t doing it all game.  You responded with “he gave the ball away loads” and then didn’t admit you were wrong when it was pointed out that he didn’t.

He gave 4 passes away all game which was the least of any player and was dispossessed 0 times.

Suarez' general play was a completely different level to Salah, to be fair. Different level to every other forward in the Premier League for a long, long time.

But in Salah's defence, although he plays like a striker, he is still playing from wide right. He offers more than pure strikers like Fowler and Owen did. Basically none of our front three are clinical but they're all great players.

It's a mixture of stuff making us a bit shit at the moment. Injuries to centrebacks forcing us to defend deeper. Poor form of TAA meaning our only creative player is now Robertson (and Thiago as of the last few minutes of the last game). Fabinho playing in defence has weakened midfield - Henderson, Miller and Jones simply isn't very good. Firmino as our number nine playing deeper than most number 10s means most of our crosses, which we resort to as we have had no creativity centrally against compact defences, are an utter waste of time. 

I think Thiago is going to make a huge difference. We'll actually have a player that can pass the ball to the feet of, or in behind for, our forwards. 

Jota's return will also hopefully give the front three more of a rest (and convince Klopp to haul them off earlier than the 91st minute when they've been shite). 

I tentatively think we'll come out the other side of this. We're still just about the best team in the country. We absolutely have to beat United though. They need to be put firmly in their place. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, m0e said:

Mad how such an amazing player gets so much grief off his own fans.

Owen, Fowler, Rush all missed tons of chances.

Every player misses chances.  The difference for me is that when those players went through on goal you had the feeling they would score.  When Mo goes through you assume he’s going to miss.  The way he strikes a ball is so inconsistent and more often than not Shite you can’t be confident with him and it’s what makes him a poor finisher.  He’s shown on quite a few occasions he can hit the ball really well and hard yet it’s far more often that he barely gets any power at all or just completely misses the target.

He’s been part of the greatest team we’ve ever had in my opinion.  He’s still a great footballer.  History will judge him as part of that.  He does loads of work that other players at his level don’t do at other clubs because they clearly think they are above it.  I’d go as far as saying he’s been our best player this season as his all round game has gone up another level.  When the games have been tight lately though his finishing ability is costing us.  Some fanboys can pretend like it’s not happening if they want but it doesn’t change the fact that it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1