You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Would be gutted to lose him, he's a talisman and his appeal goes way beyond his footballing ability. He's an icon. Young kids around the world are pretending to be Ronaldo, Messi and Salah. 

I'm currently in the process of brainwashing my Northern Irish nephew into becoming a Liverpool fan, it started with small gifts of scarves and the likes and now he's all in, but when he's having a kick about with his mates he's pretending to be Salah. 

That being said, I'm 100% confident of Klopp being able to replace him. 

• Upvote 1

Wijnaldum's plans put paid to Liverpool being the best place for players to remain. I'm amazed that he wants to leave (if that is the case) so Salah wanting to go is far from impossible. At least if he leaves, sell him for the millions he is worth and try to rebuild after his departure - eespecially if it's true he is unhappy.

16 hours ago, The Guest said:

I can’t see him going.  He’s got it good here.  He’s managed by the best manager in the world and has the best chance of winning the Champions League here.  I can’t see Barca or Real affording him.  Their league is in an absolute state never mind Barca’s finances anyway.

He does seem to have a lack of self awareness though.  He gets annoyed when team mates don’t play him in despite his own previous behaviour.  He’s not quoted as saying he hoped to be captain like Code said either he said he expected to be.  There’s a difference and after the brothers wedding incident recently he’s only got himself to blame.

At the moment I don’t think I’d swap him for any player in world football but people treating him like some irreplaceable god need to have a word with themselves.  If he goes we would deal with it.  I think he’s a flawed character and his personality causes issues bubbling under the surface quite a lot in the squad.  We aren’t used to it here because I don’t think we’ve ever had so many good players at the club at one time.  Success brings and feeds egos.  We seen it with Mane yesterday as well.  People should stop pretending to themselves these things aren’t there.

I love the fact that Mane got a huge cob on for being subbed off after 57 minutes.   

• Upvote 1

He's 29 next summer so I would expect his agent to agitate for one final bumper contract. He'll be 31 when his contract expires.

Barcelona will lose Messi to City in the summer and will need a replacement.

Edit: Mane is in exactly the same boat.

4 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Liverpool are considering selling Mohamed Salah, who is unhappy at Anfield, according to his former international team-mate Mohamed Aboutrika.

“I know that Salah is not happy in Liverpool. He told me the reasons why he is not happy but they are secrets and I cannot talk about it in public. One of the reasons that made Salah angry was that he was not the captain against Midtjylland.”

and then proceeds to tell one of the secret reasons in public

This paragraph is a fucking corker....

“I know that Salah is not happy in Liverpool. He told me the reasons why he is not happy but they are secrets and I cannot talk about it in public. One of the reasons that made Salah angry was that he was not the captain against Midtjylland.”

Mmmmm ...so it's a secret... But you'll say anyway. Fuck off.

The interviews and the quotes are irrelevant. As people have said, his contract ends in 2023 so we'll be at the crossroads this summer anyway. Either he signs a new deal or we sell him. You can interpret the quotes either way you want, in that it's either a negotiation tactic to get a better contract or he actually wants to leave. Quotes or no quotes, this situation was going to happen soon regardless. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The interviews and the quotes are irrelevant. As people have said, his contract ends in 2023 so we'll be at the crossroads this summer anyway. Either he signs a new deal or we sell him. You can interpret the quotes either way you want, in that it's either a negotiation tactic to get a better contract or he actually wants to leave. Quotes or no quotes, this situation was going to happen soon regardless. 

He says plenty of things to suggest he wants to stay, but nobody seems that arsed about them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

This paragraph is a fucking corker....

“I know that Salah is not happy in Liverpool. He told me the reasons why he is not happy but they are secrets and I cannot talk about it in public. One of the reasons that made Salah angry was that he was not the captain against Midtjylland.”

Mmmmm ...so it's a secret... But you'll say anyway. Fuck off.

The secrets can go in the summer. Who's is this dick-teasing Whopper anyway.

• Upvote 1

It seems every one of Mo's Egyptian teammates and Egyptian FA want him to play for Real Madrid. But Real Madrid, nor Barcelona are exactly stand out clubs at the moment.

Just seen Mo has two and a half years left on his contract. Edwards should be starting negotiations with Mo before we get into another ridiculous situation like Can and Gini.

24 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It seems every one of Mo's Egyptian teammates and Egyptian FA want him to play for Real Madrid. But Real Madrid, nor Barcelona are exactly stand out clubs at the moment.

Just seen Mo has two and a half years left on his contract. Edwards should be starting negotiations with Mo before we get into another ridiculous situation like Can and Gini.

If he leaves on a free at 31, we'd have more than got value off him.

• Upvote 1