You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Re him and Mane, I actually love seeing them look pissed off at each other, they play together with a weird tension bubbling under, and Bobby seems to love them both and find the whole thing hilarious. It’s a dynamic that works.

Sturridge admitted he and Suarez had a rivalry that season.

Sheringham and Cole didn’t even talk when they won the treble (on that balmy night in Barcelona.)

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He really doesn't get the respect he deserves. Christ they put Bale ahead of him in a mixed spurs team.

That was truly ridiculous. It’s an absurd notion to think that the Bale of 2010-13 would command a starting place in this Liverpool team, let alone at the expense of Salah. Peak-Bale is the Madrid squad player, who would find himself in a similar role at Liverpool.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

That was truly ridiculous. It’s an absurd notion to think that the Bale of 2010-13 would command a starting place in this Liverpool team, let alone at the expense of Salah. Peak-Bale is the Madrid squad player, who would find himself in a similar role at Liverpool.

Not only did he get in ahead of Mo, he got in ahead of Suarez who was as good as anyone on the planet 2012-14. Hilarious. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9070191/amp/Mohamed-Salah-stuns-Liverpool-admitting-open-joining-Real-Madrid-Barcelona-future.html

Excuse the source *spits*

But is anyone else concerned with these quotes? Sounds very much like he's looking to leave in the not so distant future.

Usually I don't entertain random rumours but this has the hallmark of previous occasions with players eyeing up the Spanish big 2.

Why is he expressing disappointed to a newspaper, for one. That kind of shit is just asking for rumours of discontent. I doubt Klopp would be overly happy with it.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it. Or maybe Salah goes and we get Mbappe.

Quotes:

'I think Madrid and Barcelona are two top clubs,' he said.

'Who knows what will happen in the future, but right now I am focused on winning the Premier League and the Champions League with Liverpool again.'

When pressed on his future further, Salah insisted everything was in Liverpool's hands, adding: 'That's a tough question, but right now I can say that everything is in the hands of the club.

'Of course I want to break records here and, I repeat, all the club records, but everything is in the hands of the club.' 

The Egyptian opened the scoring in the first minute but did so in a side led by 22-year-old Trent Alexander-Arnold, a decision Salah admitted he was frustrated with but one he must now accept. 

'Honestly, I was very disappointed,' he added. 'I was hoping to be the captain, but it's a coach's decision. I accept it.'

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not too surprising that a player of his level is quite vague about his future and leaves things open ended. If he wants a new challenge at some point, as long as he's professional about it, it's fine. 

I expect all top players (non scousers) to have open ended futures. I don't expect them to give these interviews though. Just seems like politics/angling for something. If you want more money/contract/captaincy talk to Klopp and shut the fuck up to journalists.

Again, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but is it that much to ask to close doors and keep this stuff internal?

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I expect all top players (non scousers) to have open ended futures. I don't expect them to give these interviews though. Just seems like politics/angling for something. If you want more money/contract/captaincy talk to Klopp and shut the fuck up to journalists.

Again, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but is it that much to ask to close doors and keep this stuff internal?

It's no use worrying about what the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Salah, etc... say in the media. Most of them will use their influence to get what they want, it comes with the territory of having world superstars.

• Upvote 1

Jesus fuckin christ.

Whats wrong with people? 

Toys out for the pram? He's saying he hoped to be captain, but Klopp decides. It obviously means something to him to one day have had the armband for Liverpool, how is that a bad thing? Every top player should want that.

Nothing to see here, move on. 

• Upvote 6

Just now, John102 said:

He has done a similar interview with AS a while ago. I remember being worried about it then but it turned to nothing. Wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not a muslim so I dont know anything about this, but I saw a muslim on Twitter trying to explain that muslims should not try to predict the future and thats why he answers like this.

Could be bollocks, could be true.

5 minutes ago, Code said:

Jesus fuckin christ.

Whats wrong with people? 

Toys out for the pram? He's saying he hoped to be captain, but Klopp decides. It obviously means something to him to one day have had the armband for Liverpool, how is that a bad thing? Every top player should want that.

Nothing to see here, move on. 

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He wants to break all our records and everything is in the hands of the club. There's no need to read the Daily Mail version, here's the full interview in English. 

https://en.as.com/en/2020/12/19/football/1608337060_026566.html

Thanks for that. When read in full it doesn't really seem bad. Typical DM taking the worst bits and none of the contact. Silly of me not to look up the full interview. I'll be disappointed looking back on that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.africanews.com/amp/2020/11/10/egypt-salah-captain-or-not-of-the-pharaohs/

Salah isnt the captain for his national team either despite mamy Egyptians thinking he should be. Here is an article from November saying being captain for them isn't such a big deal to him.

"Egypt is preparing to return to the AFCON qualifiers in a double confrontation against Togo on November 14 and 17th. Two decisive matches for the Pharaohs of Hossam El-Badry fuelled by the expectation of the appointment or not of Mohamed Salah as captain. Mohmed Fathy, a football journalist, explores the current situation regarding  Mohamed Salah not being the captain of the team in the upcoming matches and whether that decision has caused a problem within the squad.

He explains,  "He's said it doesn't bother him that much, he comes to perform and represent his country and frankly he said that people always tend to misunderstand the situation. It (the captaincy) could sometimes be arranged with the manager, but in the end, this is determined by who's been in the national team more often. He could have just meant that he didn't know his position (being captain or not) and when this is clarified by either the technical team or the (Egyptian) football federation, everything is solved."