You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

• 3 weeks later...

Egyptian forward Salah took his Liverpool goalscoring record to a remarkable 103 goals in 164 games since joining from Roma in 2017.

He has scored 80 Premier League goals in 115 games since his Liverpool debut, 9 more than any other top-flight player during that period.

But but but.... he doesn't pass, and he's inconsistent, and he dives, and he's been found out, and Jordan cunting Sancho, and Mane is much better, and how else can we afford Mbappe, and yaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

One of our best ever signings

And somehow you wouldn’t be mental if you said 2 or 3 of our other players were our best current player, or that 3 or 4 were currently our most important.

Good times.

On 07/11/2020 at 14:51, m0e said:

Egyptian forward Salah took his Liverpool goalscoring record to a remarkable 103 goals in 164 games since joining from Roma in 2017.

He has scored 80 Premier League goals in 115 games since his Liverpool debut, 9 more than any other top-flight player during that period.

But but but.... he doesn't pass, and he's inconsistent, and he dives, and he's been found out, and Jordan cunting Sancho, and Mane is much better, and how else can we afford Mbappe, and yaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn

Forgot to add "but, but he makes us nervous when he takes penalties, his run up is weird".

Missed only one in 15 now. Excluding all the other ones he has scored in penalty shootouts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

And somehow you wouldn’t be mental if you said 2 or 3 of our other players were our best current player, or that 3 or 4 were currently our most important.

Good times.

Exactly. Could argue for VVD, Ali, Mane, Salah. And we can hopefully add Jota to the argument by the end of the season.

43 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Forgot to add "but, but he makes us nervous when he takes penalties, his run up is weird".

Missed only one in 15 now. Excluding all the other ones he has scored in penalty shootouts.

I thought yesterday was one of the best penalties I have ever seen. You could tell the gk he is going to put his next 10 penalties in the same place and none would be saved. 

His run up, which used to stress me, is part of the technique, no matter where he puts it the run up is the same, so no clues are given to coaches who watch this stuff.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Supremolad said:

Yeah strangely, I am nervous on his pens. I should relax more because his record is up there with the best. And he does do what I prefer, he puts his laces through it. Funny as fuck though watching that lookman's 'panenka' pen in added time against west ham!

The biggest thing about penalties is the mental side of it.  Technically any professional footballer should be able to smash a ball hard enough into a part of the goal the keeper can’t reach or disguise which direction they are going.  Doing it in massive games or even just meaningful games where it’s the deciding point between winning and dropping points is just a huge amount of pressure.  You can tell with Salah that every time we win a penalty he just blocks out that pressure altogether and it’s come from taking big penalties.

• Upvote 1

I said a few weeks back he would have something prepared for his next "big" penalty and he did. Ederson was waiting for him to smash down the middle like he normally does for the important ones but he changed it up nicely. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, The Guest said:

The biggest thing about penalties is the mental side of it.  Technically any professional footballer should be able to smash a ball hard enough into a part of the goal the keeper can’t reach or disguise which direction they are going.  Doing it in massive games or even just meaningful games where it’s the deciding point between winning and dropping points is just a huge amount of pressure.  You can tell with Salah that every time we win a penalty he just blocks out that pressure altogether and it’s come from taking big penalties.

Doesn't come bigger than this one not forgetting the one he scored in the champions league final also...

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah converted a stoppage-time penalty to give Egypt a dramatic 2-1 win over Congo Brazzaville and a place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Egypt last qualified for the World Cup in 1990 with the record seven-time African champions suffering numerous heart-breaking failures since.

An absolute phenomenon, I can’t say anything more. Just spectacularly consistent, never misses a game, would kill his Nan for a tap in at the back post. Perpetual motion, has evolved so much as a player here, despite the selfish task always at top of assist charts. Even when he’s playing “poorly” he’s always contributing. We are just blessed to have him. In my all time Liverpool 11. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1