You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

A lot of his general play is quite poor to be honest, like his passing and dribbling. Often he just hits it at the nearest defender to him.

In his 1st season apart from his goals he used to be a constant threat to the opposition, now not as much. He doesn't make runs in behind defenders as much as before and mostly waits for the ball to be played into him.

Whereas in his 1st season he was scoring more naturally and linking with the others more naturally, now his first thought is if he can get a shot off. He seems more determined to score now which ironically is working against him as he's almost trying too hard to score and putting extra pressure on himself at the same time. 

Because he's not linking with the others as much, he's missing out on a lot of the 'simple' tap ins he was getting in his first season.

The difference in attitude between him and Mane after the lockdown was obvious. Mo was clearly playing for the Golden Boot, whereas Mane who was only 1 or 2 goals behind Mo wasnt displaying any such ambition openly.

I think the above explains why our attack doesn't seem as fluid as it did previously....how I see it anyway

• Downvote 3

7 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Salah is not even in the top 5 player for us this season. No matter what, he had a good season. 

My top 5 for this season:

1. Sadio Mane 

2. Jordan Henderson

3. Virgil Van Dijk

4. Trent Alexander-Arnold

5. Mohamed Salah

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, aRdja said:

My top 5 for this season:

1. Sadio Mane 

2. Jordan Henderson

3. Virgil Van Dijk

4. Trent Alexander-Arnold

5. Mohamed Salah

I don’t kind mind that, the first XI have been absolutely brillant, apart  Bobby. 

Salah had a fabulous season, but that’s my first five : Hendo, Mané, Virgil, robbo, Trent. Mo at 6 number 6.

C’est la vie !

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...