You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Guest Pistonbroke
On 09/07/2020 at 01:48, Doctor Troy said:

Not bad for a one season wonder.

Screenshot_20200709-004747_Gallery.jpg

That table just shows how fucking immense Gerrard was. Swings and roundabouts, but I'd give my left testicle for Klopp to have worked with a Gerrard at his best in the current team. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He's a victim of his own success. Unbelievable footballer. Wish he'd use his right peg more often and practice his shooting but I'm greedy. 

Im happy for another 19 Premier League teams (and a fair few in Europe) to be the real victims of his success. 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2020 at 17:07, Code said:

Who is saying he is unsung? All the kids have his name,more than anybody else,on their replica kits. We are ridiculously spoilt with three fantastic forwards who all compliment each other. Only idiots looking for arguments on the internet would say otherwise.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Who is saying he is unsung? All the kids have his name,more than anybody else,on their replica kits. We are ridiculously spoilt with three fantastic forwards who all compliment each other. Only idiots looking for arguments on the internet would say otherwise.

The constant talk about greedy he is compared to our other forwards (when he sets up more goals than them) 

The ridiculous notion that he's a poor finisher cause he doesn't score every chance he gets (when he scores at a higher rate than any fiorward most of us remember) 

Yea, Salah is difnitely a figure of his own success.   Clearly held to higher standards than Mane. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

He's got Edinson Cavani syndrome. Gets himself in such good positions so often that not scoring two or three every game makes him a poor finisher, although that notion is stupid. People generally have a hard on for the "only needs one chance" guys, and he's not one of those guys. 

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's got Edinson Cavani syndrome. Gets himself in such good positions so often that not scoring two or three every game makes him a poor finisher, although that notion is stupid. People generally have a hard on for the "only needs one chance" guys, and he's not one of those guys. 

That's cause they don't exist. 

9 hours ago, Grinch said:

The constant talk about greedy he is compared to our other forwards (when he sets up more goals than them) 

The ridiculous notion that he's a poor finisher cause he doesn't score every chance he gets (when he scores at a higher rate than any fiorward most of us remember) 

Yea, Salah is difnitely a figure of his own success.   Clearly held to higher standards than Mane. 

Plus the fact he rarely injured unless he a victim of violence on the pitch. Never shirks.

On 16/07/2020 at 01:18, Pistonbroke said:

That table just shows how fucking immense Gerrard was. Swings and roundabouts, but I'd give my left testicle for Klopp to have worked with a Gerrard at his best in the current team. 

I was just thinking that Gerrard’s goals are mad for a midfielder, to be 5th in our list is amazing.

13 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I’m Not sure it’s fait to compare him with Cavani. He’s way better than the Uruguayan player. 

i know it was not your point to compare them but I thought it was important to stress it. N’est-ce pas ?

15 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

I’m Not sure it’s fait to compare him with Cavani. He’s way better than the Uruguayan player. 

i know it was not your point to compare them but I thought it was important to stress it. N’est-ce pas ?

Cavani is class and has been one of my favourite players, but Salah is a more complete player, yes. I was just saying they have a bit of a similar perception. 

• Upvote 1

He’s definitely curbed his really greedy behaviour.  I couldn’t care less if he doesn’t pass the ball when he’s in the box and on his left foot no matter where anybody else is.  The same goes for Mane and Firmino on their stronger sides.  That’s not greed for me.  It’s greedy when you make a decision you’re having a shot regardless of the position you’re in and what’s in front of you.  Mo used to do this countless times.  He’d find himself turning back and forth and a lot of the time being pushed on to his right which would end up with some weak effort.  All while there would be players to work it to.

As Grinch said forwards who score every time they go through don’t exist.  He could definitely be more clinical though.  His technique sometimes in finishing positions is so poor.  The reason he scores as many goals as he does is because he’s so mentally strong and doesn’t give a fuck about missing a chance.  He continually gets in positions to score.  His all round game is the thing that’s underrated for me.  He does defend and he does hold the ball up and this has got better and better.

It’s funny watching people criticising him being greedy now though because it’s the least greediest he’s been.  People now have a pop at him for just shooting on his left which is laughable in my opinion.

The reason he isn’t scoring as many as he did is because Mane and Firmino’s games have changed.  I’m not sure if it’s in response to how Salah was behaving but I’d hazard a guess it was.  Mane stopped passing to Salah in the same situations he wasn’t receiving the ball.  I think Firmino got a bit sick of both of them and stopped being as selfless as he was famed for as well.  All of their games were damaged by it.  Mane was the least effected I think because he’s technically the best player of the three.  It’s a strange thing to say considering we’ve just won the league and won so many games but they were definitely more prolific when they all just fed Salah but we won the trophies when they didn’t.

It still feels like there’s a frostiness between the two wide men on the pitch but they appeared to be having a laugh together on the behind the scenes LFCTV stuff so hopefully they’ve worked through it.

• Like 1