You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

On 19/01/2020 at 23:21, Vincent Vega said:

The only low point from today for me was finding out that Mo has gone down the metrosexual route of shaving his chest. Jimmy Case would never have gone to such depths.

BA45045F-3932-4C2D-8D99-85E0022FB736.jpeg

Probably got a bonus from Nivea for the free advertising. 

221547-1.png

2 minutes ago, rotoq said:

I think his first season is held up as his bar and it's hard to forget that season!

He's still boss and I hope we keep him and Mane for a long time.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

In his first season he did very little tracking back, and Mane had to compensate.

We are a much better outfit now, and there are maybe 2 or 3 players in his age group, in the world of football, that would be an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

In his first season he did very little tracking back, and Mane had to compensate.

We are a much better outfit now, and there are maybe 2 or 3 players in his age group, in the world of football, that would be an upgrade.

There are 0. Who do you have?

3 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

There are 0. Who do you have?

Firstly, I said maybe, and secondly from who I have watched enough of, Mbappe and Hazard would be in the conversation and I'd love to know what Klopp would do with Sane, who is as good as anything I've seen live at Anfield.

Mainly though, I'd agree that as a front 3, there is no touching them right now, and any changes to the dynamics would probably be a downgrade.

However, if 3 years ago you told me that, I'd have told you to get your head examined.

Hazard has 29 league goals in his last 3 seasons. Salah has 66 - and has an infinitely higher work rate. No comparison there. Mbappe is most effective down the middle - different type of player, putting up similar numbers in a far worse league. Sane, again in his last 2 full seasons with similar appearances (forget this season) you’re looking at 20 goals against Salah’s 54.

Not a slight against you. But to get an equivalent player to Mo Salah in this position, you’re looking at C. Ronaldo & Messi ... and that’s about it in the past 30 years. There is no one like him. 2014 Robben would be the only close equivalent. Players like Luis Figo? Salah’s numbers just blow them out the water.

9 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Hazard has 29 league goals in his last 3 seasons. Salah has 66 - and has an infinitely higher work rate. No comparison there. Mbappe is most effective down the middle - different type of player, putting up similar numbers in a far worse league. Sane, again in his last 2 full seasons with similar appearances (forget this season) you’re looking at 20 goals against Salah’s 54.

Not a slight against you. But to get an equivalent player to Mo Salah in this position, you’re looking at C. Ronaldo & Messi ... and that’s about it in the past 30 years. There is no one like him. 2014 Robben would be the only close equivalent. Players like Luis Figo? Salah’s numbers just blow them out the water.

Suarez?

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

I think people need reminding of this quite a bit, including me, incredible stats

33 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I think people need reminding of this quite a bit, including me, incredible stats

Yeah that’s where I’m at - this is almost an exercise in trying to remind myself too, because no matter how highly we sing the praises of this 11 it feels that we are still somehow under-appreciating them. I mean, this is the greatest ‘start’ (because we are way past half way now) to a season in the history of European top flight football. Not England - Europe. What the fuck?!

James Richardson did a retrospective on Totti recently. Trappatoni said there’s one Van Gogh & one Totti. Zeman said “Who are the 5 best Italian players ever? Totti, Totti, Totti, Totti & Totti”. Well a player like Totti doesn’t touch this team - that’s how crazy our numbers & forward 3 are.

2 hours ago, m0e said:

M Bappé right ?