You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

52 minutes ago, rotoq said:

What were his comments after the final. I missed these sinister comments somehow.

Some interviewer asked him about his future while he was still celebrating and he answered that he didn't want to talk about it (because he was obviously celebrating so it was a stupid question).  AS, still smarting from his agent's 'Talking out of their AS again' tweet, decided to turn that into a two way fight for his signature from Spanish Man United and English Man United.

“The first trophy and it's the Champions League. With Liverpool! The Champions League. Something special.

“It's the start. It's the first competition. We will go next season for the Premier League. This season was the first season we were really fighting for the Premier League, last season we were basically fighting for the Champions League and the year before the Europa League. 

“We lost the Premier League with one point against Man City, which was well deserved. 

“The average age of 26/27 so we still have young players. It is good experience for us to win the trophy now and also last season we learned a lot.

“As you can see we were more calm, scored a second goal after 86 or 87 minutes and we were patient in the game.”

With James Milner starting on the bench, Salah took on the penalty duties – a responsibility he is accustomed to under severe pressure.

“I prepared myself before the game. I scored a penalty to send Egypt to the World Cup after 28 years in the last minute, so that (in the final) was easier,” said Salah.

“It's great. The final of the Champions League, take a penalty, show the courage and to win the trophy.”

Salah rarely grants interviews but he has kept two promises in his two years at Anfield, engaging with reporters after his 40thgoal last season and keeping a vow to do so in the event of Liverpool winning the competition.

He also requested kind words be offered to the defeated opponents as he empathised with Spurs’ players.

“I don't want to take anything away from Tottenham,” he said. “They were great today, a good team and deserved to be in the final. They had an unbelievable competition. What I can say to them is, 'Sorry, and good luck in the future'.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/02/mohamed-salah-reveals-prepared-champions-league-victory-studying/

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Feels like somebody has finally had a word with him or he’s woken up to the benefit of earlier passes to the team.  We looked so much more threatening when he passes the ball like he did today.  It feels like he’s started the season on fire.  His touch, dribbling and hold up play have been exceptional so far.

• Upvote 2

Made up he got the goals yesterday.  He’s started the season like a house on fire.  The interchanging and link up between the 3 forwards has been as good as its ever been.  Hopefully they’ve all seen how much they all benefit from unselfishness.  His second goal was peak Salah.

18 minutes ago, Doh'Nuts said:

This know-nothing is at it again! What exactly is her problem with Mo? Hope she gets her arse handed to her again. Was a penalty in the Champions League Final not a big enough 'chips are down' pressure moment?

giphy.gif