You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Position we are in and him being our top goal scorer and we have people calling him a cunt ..... 

Yeah, I was thinking the same sort of thing about a couple of other situations. We are balls deep in the top four. A few seasons ago we would have been pulling our dicks off to get into the top four. Now we sail into it without a second thought. We just beat the two times CL winners, and in-form Porto 2-0 in the Quarter-Final of the Champions League and a few had a little whinge about us not winning quite hard enough. Win harder, dammit. We moan about the midfield, but to quote myself in a reply to somebody claiming Hendo is our worst midfielder... if Henderson is our worst midfielder, we are in fucking paradise because unless people want to go back to Salif Diao, Momo Sissoko, and Joe Allen (my wee Joe), then we should probably stop complaining quite so much and enjoy the fact that Jurgen Tiberius Klopp has improved us so much that we are on the verge of complaining about what colour paint the bogs have on the walls. It's the wrong shade of Red. Shanks wouldn't have liked this. 

I want the league. I want the Champions League. But we've got to take a minute and smell the roses, because we are improving year on year. Enjoy our resurgence, cunts*. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I’m enjoying it personally.  I think we’ve got the best manager in the world and we’ve got some of the best players in the world.  There’s nothing wrong with getting pissed off or thinking they should do things differently.  I think if Salah carries on doing what he’s doing then it’s going to cost us in a game where a trophy matters.  If you can’t see that what he’s doing is damaging the attack as a whole for personal benefit then I think you’re burying your head in the sand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

28 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It’s a Liverpool forum.  Cunt is clearly less offensive than it seems to be everywhere else.  It can be used to describe pretty much anybody you know in any situation you fancy.

The Cunt has spoken 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I’m enjoying it personally.  I think we’ve got the best manager in the world and we’ve got some of the best players in the world.  There’s nothing wrong with getting pissed off or thinking they should do things differently.  I think if Salah carries on doing what he’s doing then it’s going to cost us in a game where a trophy matters.  If you can’t see that what he’s doing is damaging the attack as a whole for personal benefit then I think you’re burying your head in the sand.

Were you pissed off a game ago when he won us the points to keep us in the race? That sort of damage? Come on, we can all see he is in a frustrating period. It's feeling like you're hammering on at him - targeting him - because of it. He still produces a lot. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Stick Salah out on the left wing crossing to Origi, far less damaging than what we're doing now with his shit finishing only able to bang in 50 league goals faster than ever striker for the club. 

Are you still pushing that lie?

You seem to have gone quiet for a few months on Robertson being shit though.  I’ll give you that.

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Were you pissed off a game ago when he won us the points to keep us in the race? That sort of damage? Come on, we can all see he is in a frustrating period. It's feeling like you're hammering on at him - targeting him - because of it. He still produces a lot. 

Isn't that the crux of it? We were spoiled last season when practically everything worked. He's come down to nearer mortal levels and still scoring and creating goals. Sure, he's had some mixed games recently, but he's actually looking sharper than he was a month ago I'd suggest, despite not being at the same levels of last season. If he's coming in to form at the business end of a title and European Cup chasing season, that can't be bad. 

29 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He’s a fantastic footballer capable of great things.  I’m not saying take him out of the team.  I’m hammering on about him not passing the ball because I think it is going to cost us despite how good he is.  We’ve had a lot of luck this year in games when we’ve been drawing late on.  I’d even say we were lucky in the Southampton game that they left so little back when they had a corner and we needed to win the game.  He’s not going to score that Southampton goal every week.  He’s not even going to do it every month.  We’ve had keepers throwing it in their own net countless times this season when if he had passed the ball earlier in the game we wouldn’t have had to rely on it.  It’s not even him not passing in those obvious breakaway situations it’s just his general attitude to it.  He holds on to the ball so long it lets defenders get set.  If he was a bit more selfless like he was last season then we would be clear at the top and the attack would be so much more fluent than it is.

Can you not see Mane’s body language towards him?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

He’s a fantastic footballer capable of great things.  I’m not saying take him out of the team.  I’m hammering on about him not passing the ball because I think it is going to cost us despite how good he is.  We’ve had a lot of luck this year in games when we’ve been drawing late on.  I’d even say we were lucky in the Southampton game that they left so little back when they had a corner and we needed to win the game.  He’s not going to score that Southampton goal every week.  He’s not even going to do it every month.  We’ve had keepers throwing it in their own net countless times this season when if he had passed the ball earlier in the game we wouldn’t have had to rely on it.  It’s not even him not passing in those obvious breakaway situations it’s just his general attitude to it.  He holds on to the ball so long it lets defenders get set.  If he was a bit more selfless like he was last season then we would be clear at the top and the attack would be so much more fluent than it is.

Can you not see Mane’s body language towards him?

I see everything you see, mate. I made a comment the other day about it bugging me. But you're hammering on him now. He is no more or less selfless than last season, it's just not coming off as often. The entire attack is less good than last season, we've gone from 90 goals to 40-50 (the commentator mentioned it last night). I get that you're frustrated, but I'd urge you to balance it out with consideration for all the things he does bring to the team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As soon as he gets the ball he is smothered by 2/3 players making it harder to make the right pass. Of course he tries to go past one of them with 1 or 2 touches to make space. 

I wouldn't read too much into Mane's body language. 

I don't think he is being smothered. When he gets a full back one-on-one they now simply block the route for him to cut inside on his left, which he clearly wants to do. He tries to lure them into making a move, but as long as they stand their ground they're fine, by which time another player joins the defence against him.

It's possible to think he's both a great player, cheer and sing for him at matches, and yet make an argument that he could be more effective if his decision making was better.

When he takes the defender to the byline a couple of times he places a seed of doubt in their minds, which in turn affects their positioning and gives him more chance to get a decent shot off with his left foot. Similarly, when he passes quickly, then moves, he finds more space.

He's having a decent season, but if you look at his stats for big chances missed, and passes per game, you can see where he could improve. 

Or you could just make out that fellow reds are calling him a cunt.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Code said:

How is it killing us? We are top of the league with 82 points after 33 games and we have just won the first leg of our quarter final in the CL 2-0.

It looks like we are bloody fuckin fine to me.

Luckily I can use my own eyes to see how many times he's breaking down our attacks. And I also couldn't give a flying fuck what you think.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Good to see Dave even calling him out in his match report. Criticism is healthy, you cunts. 

Fucking teachers pet. 

My favourite part of last night apart from the goals was Mo tracking back to left-back to win the ball off a corner. 

• Upvote 1