You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

He’s a fucking raging greedy cunt and it’s going to cost us big time.  It pisses me off watching it so god knows what it’s like for the players experiencing it.  It’s gotten that bad that now when he does pass his passing is beyond shite because he does it so infrequently.  His passing in around the box is actually worse than his finishing.

It’s obvious that Klopp isn’t going to address it so we’ve just got to hope that because he’s such a fucking good player it outweighs the chronic shite he keeps doing every single game and doesn’t effect the harmony of us attacking.

• Downvote 10

He is a phenomenal player and creates space brilliantly. He has definitely become easier to read but is still less predictable than most players on the planet. 

Don't think he is the kind of player (at all) who would try and hurt another player but that challenge (when he was being fouled) looked pretty bad on the replay. At first I thought he had caught him with a flailing arm. To be fair, If he had planted that leg fully he would have snapped the defenders shin. He didn't so I don't think it was intentional. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, he's been pretty poor for a while now. Of course he has brilliant moments but the consistency is not there in 2019. Against Porto was the worst I've ever seen him play, absolutely nothing came off for him and he ruined countless moves by poor passing or trying to beat a man and failing, when a simple pass was on. I don't know if he's tired or what, but if we had any reasonable alternatives I'd definitely rotate him. Sadly Shaq hasn't played much recently so I don't know how sharp he'll be so I don't know what the alternative to an off-form Mo is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sadly, he's become too predictable. He wants to take everything on his left foot, and passing seems his last resort, rather than being something he looks to do to link up with others. When he passes quickly, then finds space, he tends to get more opportunities. Those quick passes into Firmino, then running off the back of him, have largely dried up.

Still a very good forward to have, but I think perhaps people were too eager to think of him as akin to the elite level strikers we've had in the past. He's never going to be the kind of player you'd put your house on to finish a 1v1 with the keeper. He's a wide forward who gets better as his link up play with his other forwards develops; he needs those players around him, and they in turn need him to start passing the ball.

The reason we are where we are is because of Klopp and the team ethic.  Everyone works for each other and if one person doesn’t run the whole thing breaks down.  Mo clearly buys into that side of things as shown by him sprinting back and covering the midfield last night to stop a Porto attack singlehandedly.

What developed last season was the forward line creating so many chances because of that same selflessness just with the ball.  They all benefitted but mostly Mo as seen in his record goal tally.  There were signs at the end of the season though it wasn’t going to last.  He got very selfish trying to get that milestone and he started snatching at a lot of things and not passing when he should.  It then resulted in Mané not giving him the ball either.

You can bury your head in the sand but it’s obvious to me Mane is absolutely sick of it.  It’s only a matter of time before he actually stops making runs when Salah has got the ball because he will know it’s a waste of time.  The stupid thing is that will make things even harder for Mo.  Everyone seems to be scratching their heads as to why we aren’t scoring so many and playing the mind blowing attacking football we were last season but this is the root of the problem.  Stop being such a fucking greedy cunt and you will probably end up scoring more goals and winning some trophies.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He looked sharp and did some excellent work back tracking and helping the defence. But he needs to sort out the wasteful dribbing into defenders. Its killing us. 

Results would suggest otherwise.  But I agree with the general point being made.  If Salah was playing to the same incredible standard he was last season we would probably be top of the table and 3 or more points clear to boot.

2 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Results would suggest otherwise.  But I agree with the general point being made.  If Salah was playing to the same incredible standard he was last season we would probably be top of the table and 3 or more points clear to boot.

Pretty much what I should have said. It is a bit of nit-picking but I just hope his wastefulness doesn't actually hurt us in a close game. 

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He looked sharp and did some excellent work back tracking and helping the defence. But he needs to sort out the wasteful dribbing into defenders. Its killing us. 

How is it killing us? We are top of the league with 82 points after 33 games and we have just won the first leg of our quarter final in the CL 2-0.

It looks like we are bloody fuckin fine to me.

• Upvote 3

Lots of 'elbows too pointy' stuff in this thread. Even struggling for confidence or ideas, he's still largely excellent. Opposition defences haven't read this forum, thankfully, so they still rate him enough to double up on him and leave gaping spaces elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Position we are in and him being our top goal scorer and we have people calling him a cunt ..... 

I thought calling someone a cunt on here was a term of endearment? 

5 hours ago, The Guest said:

Everyone seems to be scratching their heads as to why we aren’t scoring so many and playing the mind blowing attacking football we were last season but this is the root of the problem.  Stop being such a fucking greedy cunt and you will probably end up scoring more goals and winning some trophies.

We're scoring less goals because our style is far more pragmatic this season and we're creating fewer chances.

The front three scored 91 goals last season compared to 56 this season. You actually think that big of a difference is down to Salah being greedy? Sorry, but you're clueless.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1