You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If he was a comic bad guy  hed be two face. One day he's unplayable and another day you wish he wasn't playing. I don't know what's going on with him. The burden of being labelled world class seems to of made it a job rather than a joy.

Has he been unplayable even once this season?

28 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Him and Firmino have stunk the place out and Mane (6 goals in 6 games) gets hooked.

Neither Mane or Salah should come off when we need to win games.  Henderson or Milner were the correct choice.

None of the front 3 have any real pressure on them to lose their place so can have a dip in form but the flip side is that they are under pressure to get us out of the shit all the time. None of our midfield score goals. I can't remember the last time Henderson scored a goal, probably about 2 years ago. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

None of the front 3 have any real pressure on them to lose their place so can have a dip in form but the flip side is that they are under pressure to get us out of the shit all the time. None of our midfield score goals. I can't remember the last time Henderson scored a goal, probably about 2 years ago. 

In the last 3 seasons (inc this one so far) he has made 94 appearances for us in all comps and scored 2 goals.

An absolutely terrible return for someome who plays in midfield for a team who are on the front foot in the vast majority of the games they play.

12 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Its unfair to single Henderson out given the role he's asked to play. Fabinho missed a sitter while Henderson played a couple of brilliant passes which were fucked up by our strikers. It all boils down to us not playing that third midfielder as an attacking midfielder,eg Shaqiri or Keita etc.

Couldnt finish his dinner at the moment.

Id love to see someone like fowler coaching maybe one day a week, think it would benefit our front 3 massively. Seems a big problem with composure and decision making around the box

3 minutes ago, BCM said:

Couldnt finish his dinner at the moment.

Id love to see someone like fowler coaching maybe one day a week, think it would benefit our front 3 massively. Seems a big problem with composure and decision making around the box

You can't teach composure.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its unfair to single Henderson out given the role he's asked to play. Fabinho missed a sitter while Henderson played a couple of brilliant passes which were fucked up by our strikers. It all boils down to us not playing that third midfielder as an attacking midfielder,eg Shaqiri or Keita etc.

Henderson not getting an assist or goal since 1975 is no coincidence. 

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Fabinho plays that role far better and has scored and created - we should tell him that is unfair.

57 minutes ago, Elite said:

You can't teach composure.

More of decision making really. He needs to get his head up more and make the right decision instead of always looking for gaps to shoot. 

I dont care if he gets the 50 goal thing this season or next season and neither should he. Id be just as made up if he got 1 goal and 12 assists than if he got 12 goals and 1 assist.

Our decision making in the final 3rd is woefull and that goes for the other two as well.

The back 5 have been carrying the front 6 for most of the season.

Without our strikers and midfielders we would have 27 points this season, our defenders have scored in just 5 different matches where it would have been enough to win us games and we have kept a clean sheet in 17 games.

Mohamed Salah says he is ready to sacrifice his own Champions League dream to help Liverpool win their first Premier League title.

Jurgen Klopp's side are currently second in the league, one point behind Manchester City with eight games to go

They face Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Wednesday with the tie finely poised after a goalless draw at Anfield

Although Salah admits the Champions League is the most "prestigious competition" for him, he would be happy for Liverpool to win the Premier League instead.

Salah said: "I will be honest with you, the most prestigious competition for me is the UCL (UEFA Champions League).

"But the dream for the entire city and the club is the league.

"So, I am happy to sacrifice my dream for their dream but if we win both that would great and this is what we are trying to do

The Egyptian international said he hopes that leaders City will slip up with Liverpool, and himself, ready to capitalise.

"The competition is very tough and we have difficult games left as do they," added Salah.

"All you can do is win your games and hopefully they will fail in one so we can win the title.

"My mind is sharp and there is pressure but I am strong mentally and we just have to keep going.

"We will see what we can do at the end of the season but mentally I am ready for everything."

6 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Mohamed Salah says he is ready to sacrifice his own Champions League dream to help Liverpool win their first Premier League title.

Jurgen Klopp's side are currently second in the league, one point behind Manchester City with eight games to go

They face Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Wednesday with the tie finely poised after a goalless draw at Anfield

Although Salah admits the Champions League is the most "prestigious competition" for him, he would be happy for Liverpool to win the Premier League instead.

Salah said: "I will be honest with you, the most prestigious competition for me is the UCL (UEFA Champions League).

"But the dream for the entire city and the club is the league.

"So, I am happy to sacrifice my dream for their dream but if we win both that would great and this is what we are trying to do

The Egyptian international said he hopes that leaders City will slip up with Liverpool, and himself, ready to capitalise.

"The competition is very tough and we have difficult games left as do they," added Salah.

"All you can do is win your games and hopefully they will fail in one so we can win the title.

"My mind is sharp and there is pressure but I am strong mentally and we just have to keep going.

"We will see what we can do at the end of the season but mentally I am ready for everything."

Crying it in early. 

He had best win the league now, or his noble sacrifice would have been fir nothing. 

He's a 250m player, who has not even entered his prime, yet. 

That balance, that check, that dribbling ability and the raw numbers he poses in terms of goalscoring and assists have no parallel in the history of the greatest sporting institution ever.

It's a pleasure to see him, every week, and he will light Hummels up like a Christmas tree on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1