You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere already but what a great interview. Mo is sound as fuck. Loved this interview and hope he manages us one day the beautiful human being. Oh and I have got beard envy. He shaved it to the skin 2 weeks ago. It takes me 6 months to get that bastard. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Aventus said:

United is the only premier league team he has yet to score against. 

If he scores he'll break the record for fastest 50 Premier league goals for a single club. 

Is it only for Liverpool that he hasn't scored against United? The way Carra said it in that interview suggests he's scored against them, just not for us?

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

United is the only premier league team he has yet to score against. 

If he scores he'll break the record for fastest 50 Premier league goals for a single club. 

Breaking Shearer’s record I think? Love it if he beat that!

I'm worried about him to be honest, the stats say he's scoring goals but he's  not having the talismanic impact you'd expect from the 'star' player. When he went off against Madrid you knew it was game over, he just has that aura about him, and that's not been there this season at all, if he'd not started againts the mancs I wouldn't have been half as worried as I would have been last season. 

As I've said, I'm worried someone is in his ear, he's got that demeanour of someone who's going to (not) help us limp to a shit season's end, then bemoan the fact we didn't win anything. He'll never forget the fans though nor that famed Anfield atmosphere. 

• Downvote 1

We need to be creating chances for him. Yeah, his touch is off, he doesn't look sharp, whatever. He's not a talisman, he's not Messi who can do it all on his own, he's primarily a goal scorer. His struggles are explained by the team being a shite attacking unit at the moment, not the other way around. 

That is a little simplistic - he tends to play centrally against weaker sides.

There was a bit about it today -- he has only scored one goal against top 6 teams this year -- a penalty.

He took alot of people by surprise last year - it is obvious now that he is not very effective with his back to goal so defenders are happy to let him receive the ball to his feet.

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'm worried about him to be honest, the stats say he's scoring goals but he's  not having the talismanic impact you'd expect from the 'star' player. When he went off against Madrid you knew it was game over, he just has that aura about him, and that's not been there this season at all, if he'd not started againts the mancs I wouldn't have been half as worried as I would have been last season. 

As I've said, I'm worried someone is in his ear, he's got that demeanour of someone who's going to (not) help us limp to a shit season's end, then bemoan the fact we didn't win anything. He'll never forget the fans though nor that famed Anfield atmosphere. 

He's not going anywhere this summer. The two teams Spanish teams don't want him. 

Also don't really see where you're coming from, he's always had that demeanour. 

Going to moan because our 35 million pound forward who has spent the last 18 months playing like a 200 million pound player in today's market has a couple of off-days when top-level opposition have half their defence and midfield set to the deliberate task of marking him out the game? Salah is not remotely the problem - not that there is a problem when a team that has more-or-less been made out of a buy-to-sell policy (albeit with some very high value sells) is still on for 90 points. Its just very fine margins and we have the misfortune of competing with a side that would view a 35 million pound forward as the bare minimum that could be added to their squad. Needs more depth around him .. but in this market, we won't get that unless 100% of big signings are successes or we take on a benefactor worth many multiples of our current owners.