You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

6 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Don't forget though - pace goals, goals against the dregs of the PL, and goals against European cannon fodder don't count. So he probably only has about 5 goals.

And 4 out of those 5 were tap ins and the last one was offside.

what a fraud.

I don't see why Mo Salah would want to go to Madrid right now. But if they want to pony up 400m, then I guess I'd deal. Mo Salah would be an outcast in Madrid within a few months. He could be a legend here. Although, I have to admit, he certainly doesn't look like he wants to be at Liverpool. Everything about his demeanour is wrong, everything about the way he carries himself on the pitch looks like he doesn't want to be around. At the end of last season, he looked like he wanted to be at the club. I'm surprised if he wants to fuck off, but if that's the case then it's a shame. Reading between the lines and probably totally wrong, it seems like we had a big offer for him in the summer and we turned it down despite him wanting to go.

42 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Merson's had his say. He needs to stick to things he knows about such a the ale and lemo.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1037066/Mohamed-Salah-Liverpool-transfer-news-Real-Madrid/amp

Merson should spend more time speculating how he is going to manage to dress himself tomorrow instead of making up shite for that rag. 

13 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don't see why Mo Salah would want to go to Madrid right now. But if they want to pony up 400m, then I guess I'd deal. Mo Salah would be an outcast in Madrid within a few months. He could be a legend here. Although, I have to admit, he certainly doesn't look like he wants to be at Liverpool. Everything about his demeanour is wrong, everything about the way he carries himself on the pitch looks like he doesn't want to be around. At the end of last season, he looked like he wanted to be at the club. I'm surprised if he wants to fuck off, but if that's the case then it's a shame. Reading between the lines and probably totally wrong, it seems like we had a big offer for him in the summer and we turned it down despite him wanting to go.

I KNEW we should’ve signed Mahrez instead.

53 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That's been my reading of it too. His demeanour reminds me of Coutinho's before he eventually left. The smile has gone. I thought it might be because of his slight drop in form/the injury/disappointment of Cl final/ his argument with the Egyptian FA, but it's been like this since pre-season and he doesn't seem to be 'enjoying' his goals like last season. It's quite possible it's something completely different in the background that we're unaware of. I just want to see that smile back!

He just seems more businesslike to me, that and a little bit carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders after the way the season ended and how the summer went. I doubt it’s anything deeper than that. He’s got a great relationship with the squad and we’re on the brink of doing something special. Why would he want to leave?

19 minutes ago, moof said:

He just seems more businesslike to me, that and a little bit carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders after the way the season ended and how the summer went. I doubt it’s anything deeper than that. He’s got a great relationship with the squad and we’re on the brink of doing something special. Why would he want to leave?

I've felt like that before, though. Like I say, I could well be making the whole thing up but to me he seems like he doesn't want to be around. The zero-celebration thing goes against almost everything I experienced of him last season. I hope he hasn't got too big for his shoes, because he was virtually nobody before we picked him up from Roma. He thrives in a team like Klopp's Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, moof said:

Presumably, for the same reasons all the others have. It’s Real Madrid/Barcelona, they win shit loads of trophies, etc.

We may be in the brink of something special, we may not, who knows? 

Paul Merson : Mo Salah showed how delighted he is that Shaqiri is now scoring goals as he now knows he can leave the club in good hands.

Paul Merson may or may not have said this. 

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You don’t think he has been off his game so far? 

Yeah absolutely but his shit season is still way above what most players offer besides he has been working his bollocks off imo trying to regain the form he was showing for most of last season