You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Just watched the Soton game on MOTD. 

Great to see Salah with a smile back on his face. 

The last few games he's looked really worried - as if he's not sure he's doing well enough (or as well as last year) and trying too hard as a result. 

Klopp said after the PSG game that he's got no worries about him and he's been doing really well defensively. 

My guess is Salah is the type of player that needs a lot of positive affirmation/external validation and Klopp has been giving him that in barrowfuls the last few days, so he's stopped worrying and just started to enjoy his football again. 

Hope to see a lot more of it. 

7 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Just watched the Soton game on MOTD. 

Great to see Salah with a smile back on his face. 

The last few games he's looked really worried - as if he's not sure he's doing well enough (or as well as last year) and trying too hard as a result. 

Klopp said after the PSG game that he's got no worries about him and he's been doing really well defensively. 

My guess is Salah is the type of player that needs a lot of positive affirmation/external validation and Klopp has been giving him that in barrowfuls the last few days, so he's stopped worrying and just started to enjoy his football again. 

Hope to see a lot more of it. 

Salah goal + Salah sing-song = Big Salah grin. 

2 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Yes - he was grinning before he scored though 

Like when he tried that backheel (would have loved to see that go in) 

That was classy, even the kepper seemed shocked it didn't go in. That grin seemed less like happiness and if I recall correctly there was a Salah sing-song after that too. Maybe he's not bothered about the goals, he just wants the song. 

On 9/19/2018 at 10:32 AM, sh#t waffle said:

He'll score at least twice on Saturday. By which I mean, he better do, otherwise we should terminate his contract.

I'm nothing if not fair, so I will grant him a stay of execution given that he had a second goal disallowed. But it does mean he needs three against Chelsea, otherwise he's out on his ear.

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Retarded best XI. Courtois isn’t in it but he won best keeper and Salah isn’t in it despite being in the three man short list for best player.

FIFA's awards have been shite for ages. No matter what, Messi and Ronaldo have to be included in everything, and one of them has to win the Ballon D'Or. It's usually based on which one of Real Madrid or Barcelona have won something that year, because Argentina and Portugal (bar 2016) don't tend to win anything.

When the Ballon D'Or included European players only, it didn't matter if the nominated players' teams had won anything that year, because it was purely based on how well the individual had performed that year. That's why players like Matthews, Masopust, Yashin, Albert, Blokhin and Belanov are past winners. Now, they don't look beyond Messi and Ronaldo. We'll see if Modric has a genuine chance of winning the award later this year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It´s usually just a mixture of Barcelona and Real Madrid players, isn´t it?

Just seen Dani Alves is in it...fucking hell.

I never even bother watching it to be honest. I only saw it this time because it was on the BBC news. Bunch of twats. 

Although I I think City are cunts, to not have one single player in that team is pathetic. 

10 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Retarded best XI. Courtois isn’t in it but he won best keeper and Salah isn’t in it despite being in the three man short list for best player.

_103563728_worldxi.png

That's quite a lazy selection. And how does the FIFPRO best goalkeeper not get in this team. Is he injured?

28 minutes ago, dave u said:

I find that a good rule of thumb in these situations is that if any 'best XI' doesn't have Andy Robertson in it, it can safely be disregarded as nonsense.

Field that team against Andy Robertson by himself and I'd stick a tenner on Andy Robertson.