You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Can’t believe people are putting a negative spin on this.

Oh, wait... yes I can.

Its neither negative,nor positive,it just is what it is. Having seen both Suarez and Coutinho pull similar stunts in recent years its hard for some people to take it at face value. Personally,I always felt Salah would be here for next season regardless of a new contract or current one. With both Salah and Firmino given recent contract extensions it seems likely that focus will now shift to Mane,a player who I'd be gutted to lose too.

• Upvote 1

Its neither negative,nor positive,it just is what it is. Having seen both Suarez and Coutinho pull similar stunts in recent years its hard for some people to take it at face value. Personally,I always felt Salah would be here for next season regardless of a new contract or current one. With both Salah and Firmino given recent contract extensions it seems likely that focus will now shift to Mane,a player who I'd be gutted to lose too.

This is my view too. At first I was happy but then I remembered what happened with Coutinho. Contracts don’t really mean much, this is just a nice pay rise for Mo after a brilliant season.

It’s no indicator of his loyalty either way. In 6 months time he could be gone just like Phil, it’s impossible to know.

The good thing is that he’ll start the season with us, anything beyond that remains to be seen.

Coutinho - Jan 2017

Upon signing the contract, the Brazil forward told Liverpoolfc.com: “I would like to thank everybody at the club, first of all.

“I am very happy to sign a new contract here. It is a club that I am very grateful to and this shows my happiness here. I will work much harder to repay the belief shown in me.

“I signed this new contract to stay here for a few more years because it’s a great honour for me. It gives me great happiness because I was welcomed here with open arms by everyone at the club and the supporters right from my first day. I am very thankful to this football club for everything.”

Maybe Mo is cut from different cloth but sadly in the cuntfest that is modern footy it is hard to take anything that is said as anything other than shite.

Yes I hope he is though your right on the modern footy shite, it's hard to keep the faith in the game sometimes

Mo will stay for as long as we show progress and the draw of some foreign clubs will always appeal to some players. Anyone who thinks players will stay long term at any club is just going to end up being disappointed some time in the future.

Yep ,those days are well and truly gone sadly.

Yes I hope he is though your right on the modern footy shite, it's hard to keep the faith in the game sometimes

And that is all that is being said by those of us being called negative...

Coutinho sat and came out with a load of shite after signing his new deal about staying for years longer and how happy and grateful he was then 6 mths after signing it he tried to force a move and eventually acted such a cunt we let him go in January...

Not saying Mo is same and i understand it is part and parcel of modern game what has happened here with us trying to do whatever it takes to tie him down/make him happy etc and that we have to play game as a club - but that game is fucking horrible.

You’re being called negative because your immediate reaction to positive news is to fucking whinge. But whatever floats your boat, fella. Some people obviously get a kick out of it.

For clarity it is my belief that contracts are borderline worthless in the modern game beyond the already agreed things discussed in the thread - and that due to the shithouse nature of players and agents that are a cancer on the game we have become conditioned to be almost grateful that players we already have signed up to long and lucrative contracts that they only signed last year have signed a new one.....keeping in mind how players like Coutinho have then downed tools and fucked off after doing so and patronising us with meaningless insincere words at the time of signing.

Yeah i am cynical about it - if you see that as negative that is your right.