You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Thanks for that, sounds awful. Hope he recovers well, I'm very worried Egypt will rush him back too soon.

They’d be well within their rights to want to because he’s their talisman and their hopes rest on his shoulders, for us the best case scenario would be a 4/5 week injury so he misses it but gets a rest for next season. I just hope we don’t insist on him not playing but him demanding he goes, could cause a massive issue if that happens.

If he misses out I can see some crazy Egyptians being hugely fucked off with him and some Egyptian players in La Liga nailing him next season. Hopefully if Salah takes this badly then it puts to bed him wanting a move to Madrid, especially to play with that prick.

"Egypt's sports minister announced that the Liverpool star would be fit to join Egypt at the World Cup in Russia next month.

"Diagnosis shows simply that he suffered an injury in the shoulder joint ligaments. Time expected for treatment is two weeks, God willing," Khaled Abdul Aziz wrote on Facebook."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44271659

Hope the minister knows what he's talking about. 

Have you seen who he is ?

38466_130719466969570_1755889_n.jpg?_nc_

Smashed mine to fuck 3 years ago when I got drunkenly run over by a taxi. Smashed ribs punctured lung still hurts like fuck now. However injuries like that heal quicker when you are younger and probably fitter.

Smashed mine to fuck 3 years ago when I got drunkenly run over by a taxi. Smashed ribs punctured lung still hurts like fuck now. However injuries like that heal quicker when you are younger and probably fitter.

No disrespect mate but Salah hasn't suffered the consequences of falling under a motor vehicle.

He'll probably be patched up and sent out in the WC . Hopefully Egypt make a hasty exit. 

I’ve read some people picking up on the fact that he hasn’t mentioned that we lost, more that he’s ok etc and that is the reason why our fans take to Bobby more and soon Mane a lot more (after his performance and whole attitude in the final) and he sees himself as an Egypt player first and Liverpool player second, whilst there’s nothing wrong with being patriotic it’ll just mean he’ll always put his country first, including playing in a World Cup no where near fit.

Whilst I don’t see that as being wholly true because he’s had about 20 different songs made up for him he does sometimes have a “me” attitude and the kind of personality and agent that’ll agitate for a move sooner rather than later.

The good thing is when he does move on I have 100% faith that Klopp knows who’s going to replace him, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he already has his replacement lined up, also does anyone think that Salah will score anywhere near the same amount of goals next season? And if he doesn’t what’s an acceptable amount?

Yeah let's Slag Sarah off.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Who’s slagging him off? Being selfish is why he scored so many goals! If he passed half them chances on he’d only scored 20 all season, being selfish is a good goal scorers top trait and if you think he’ll stick around here for more than a few years then that’s naive.

And Gerrard,Kenny etc wouldn't play in a world cup if not fully fit?

Of course they would but I get the impression Mo would play for Egypt even if it meant him missing the first few months of next season because for Egypt he’s more than a footballer and is a symbol of hope and pride for them and most of the Muslims around the world for that matter and that’s his prerogative and who could blame him. I don’t think Gerrard or Kenny would put England or Scotland above Liverpool though to be honest, in fact I’m sure they asked Gerrard on BT something similar not too long ago and he said he’d pick Liverpool over England all day.

Kenny pulled out of Mexico with a knee injury because beans on toast face didn't select Hansen

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I know.

Just illustrating the point that world cups mean fuck all to some people.

Even Druncan fucked the Jocks off to get married.