You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Here's a few opinions on the news from the Roma forum, in translated English.

"They would limit the numbers on transfermarkt, should consume 80, but objectively speaking stand to lose a player who at the time did not reach full maturity, misses a deluge of balls per game, and often when matches are decisive hath pooped goal bloody face to face with the goalkeeper"

Someone suggests a swap with Sturridge

"Are you serious? A player who makes 5 games a year, with tireless motor scrambleresti"

"But you kidding....Too bad, however, is glass, i'm always liked"

Two days later and i am still crying laughing at these. Particularly the last one. 

Two days later and i am still crying laughing at these. Particularly the last one. 

The best one i've read was posted yesterday. 

"It will close a shameful figure type 35 + 5 bonus, which not even the blowjob Berardi buy"

As do I.

Him and Van Dijk would be superb business, everything else is a bonus.

Yes they would be good business but everything else would be no bonus, we still have a serious job on our hands to get the kind of depth into this squad we need to compete on four fronts.

A window with VVD, Salah, Keita, new LB and first choice striker would be unreal.

Some money recouped from selling Sakho, Sturridge, Moreno, Stewart and maybe one or two others and you'd have to say it couldn't have gone any better.

Oh, and give Lucas a new deal obviously.

1595663_Liverpool.jpg

Subs/Rotation

Karius/Ward

Trent AA

Milner

Lovren

Gomez/Klavan

Lucas

Grujic

Can/Hendo

Lallana

Wijnaldum

Firmino

Ings

Origi/Solanke

Cant see Keita myself

The good thing there are some really good alternatives around in that position. 

Id be wanting a proper central holding player,Left back and striker myself and get shut of Sturridge,Ings and Origi if needs be

Having a new striker,Firmino and Mane all able to be the front man an the youngsters as the 4th option is enough when you only play one up top most weeks

Robertson seems likely to be the LB

I can really see TAA pushing Clyne this year. 

I'd really like a proper holding player to sit at the base of the three and break up play and dictate the game. Easy to say than find one mind.

Sessegnon the bellend needs to fuck Spurs off and join our revolution.

Almost forgot about that one!

If we end up actually getting Salah, Keita, and van Dijk then I'm going to be unreasonably irritated that we didn't get Sessegnon over the line and make it the perfect summer.  Massive upgrade to our defensive line, our midfield and our attack only to miss out on complementing it with a top young talent to stash for the future.

1595663_Liverpool.jpg

Subs/Rotation

Karius/Ward

Trent AA

Milner

Lovren

Gomez/Klavan

Lucas

Grujic

Can/Hendo

Lallana

Wijnaldum

Firmino

Ings

Origi/Solanke

Keep Sturridge and sell Origi. We get 20-25mil for him easily in this market.

Loan out Ings and with Sakho, Moreno and Stewart sold, we've practically covered Salah and VVD's transfer fees already.

That leaves us 100mil + for a striker and Keita. 50 mil each. Whatever is leftover goes on Robertson.

Job done.

Roma president Jim Pallotta has spoken out on Mohamed Salah’s imminent switch to Liverpool and says the reports are wide of the mark.

The Reds have been strongly tipped to complete a deal of around £35million for the Egypt winger this week but it would seem that Reds fans will have to wait a little longer to get their man.

Liverpool have so far made only one addition to their senior squad, with Dominic Solanke arriving from Chelsea, but are in the running to snap up Salah along with other targets Virgil van Dijk and Naby Keita.

As for Salah’s predicted arrival, Pallotta told Sirius XM radio: “With these questions [on Salah] you seem like the Roman reporters!

“In any case, there’s nothing in it at the moment. We continue to receive offers for many of our players and if we were to listen to all of them, we’d lose three quarters of the squad. Now we’ll see what to do.

“In order to improve, we need four or five quality reinforcements, because we’ll be taking part in the Champions League too next year.”

Despite Pallota’s claims, Salah, who scored 19 goals last season, is still expected to leave Roma this summer and Liverpool remain the favourites to sign the former Chelsea winger – although they may have to wait a little longer than planned to snap up one of their top targets.