You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

I'd avoid him given our record with players bought based on performances for Italian clubs. We just dont seem to make a good match.

I can name about 30 players in recent years who have looked miles better in Serie A than the Premier League and about 2 that haven't. Considering 1 of those 2 is Coutinho we've fared far better than most in this league when it comes to signing players from Italy.

Here's a few opinions on the news from the Roma forum, in translated English.

"They are taking the piss again"

"Just between us, i was the Liverpool, even with all the money in the world, having watched almost every game with Salah, over 30 million would not spend him"

"They would limit the numbers on transfermarkt, should consume 80, but objectively speaking stand to lose a player who at the time did not reach full maturity, misses a deluge of balls per game, and often when matches are decisive hath pooped goal bloody face to face with the goalkeeper"

"If you want to get away, goodbye, and thank you but 40 million with todays prices is a jack ass"

"Here if not 50, Liverpool can go fuck off"

Someone suggests a swap with Sturridge

"Are you serious? A player who makes 5 games a year, with tireless motor scrambleresti"

"But you kidding....Too bad, however, is glass, i'm always liked"

• Upvote 1

"Just between us, i was the Liverpool, even with all the money in the world, having watched almost every game with Salah, over 30 million would not spend him"

"They would limit the numbers on transfermarkt, should consume 80, but objectively speaking stand to lose a player who at the time did not reach full maturity, misses a deluge of balls per game, and often when matches are decisive hath pooped goal bloody face to face with the goalkeeper"

"If you want to get away, goodbye, and thank you but 40 million with todays prices is a jack ass"

"Are you serious? A player who makes 5 games a year, with tireless motor scrambleresti"

Hang on.... Code is on the Roma forum? ffs that cunt wont just have a smoke and a brandy will he. 

Awesome translations!

I can't believe we're back in for this guy when we could have signed him years ago if...surprise su-fucking-prise, we had just paid the fucking asking price. Now we will pay more than that and then some because we are run by massive shithouse wankers. We have the vision of a mole with the cunning of a foal. 

"They would limit the numbers on transfermarkt, should consume 80, but objectively speaking stand to lose a player who at the time did not reach full maturity, misses a deluge of balls per game, and often when matches are decisive hath pooped goal bloody face to face with the goalkeeper"".....

Fair play. Lesser men would have shat themselves.

I can't believe we're back in for this guy when we could have signed him years ago if...surprise su-fucking-prise, we had just paid the fucking asking price. Now we will pay more than that and then some because we are run by massive shithouse wankers. We have the vision of a mole with the cunning of a foal.

I'm waiting for the triple fail when we miss out on him this summer and watch Southampton buy him.

Rest is history

I can name about 30 players in recent years who have looked miles better in Serie A than the Premier League and about 2 that haven't. Considering 1 of those 2 is Coutinho we've fared far better than most in this league when it comes to signing players from Italy.

I think we signed Coutinho based more on his loan form at Espanyol as he'd been frozen out of the Inter team by their then manager.

Reports trickling in from Egypt mentions that the fee for Salah is now agreed upon between LFC and Roma; 35M GBP. Source: some commentator from BeIN Sport - https://twitter.com/Malkawaleny/status/871347438690246660

Google translated:

"Officially # # Son of my country # Mohammed Salah # for 40 million euros"

"Things are completely over and the terms of the contract have been agreed upon awaiting the official announcement from the Liverpool Club"

Anyone seen how many followers Salah has on Twitter?

Currently 2.27m. Imagine how much that's going to increase when he signs for us?

To put that into perspective, Carra and Phil have 1.04m each.

I'd imagine there are going to be shitloads of shirts sold on the back of the transfer and we're going to gain extra fans, particularly in Egypt.

Anyone seen how many followers Salah has on Twitter?

Currently 2.27m. Imagine how much that's going to increase when he signs for us?

To put that into perspective, Carra and Phil have 1.04m each.

I'd imagine there are going to be shitloads of shirts sold on the back of the transfer.

Get In there. Great news. Can't wait. Loads of shirts.

• Upvote 5