You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Literally couldn't be more perfect for this squad and Klopp's football. He's productive, fast, hard working, left footed and he's one of the most dangerous players in the world on the counter. Ticks so many boxes. Like Mane last season, it's a really sensible transfer and it just makes sense.

Literally couldn't be more perfect for this squad and Klopp's football. He's productive, fast, hard working, left footed and he's one of the most dangerous players in the world on the counter. Ticks so many boxes. Like Mane last season, it's a really sensible transfer and it just makes sense.

I remember when I first got footy manager 

I remember when I first got footy manager 

I don't own any edition of Football Manager, my friend. 

Also, he starred for a team which finished four points behind an excellent Juve side. He is definitely good enough for us and if we sign him, he'll easily become one of our best players. 

Also, he starred for a team which finished four points behind an excellent Juve side. He is definitely good enough for us and if we sign him, he'll easily become one of our best players. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

Arsenal and Spurs loanees Szczesny and Fazio also starred for Roma this season and Edin Dzeko was their best player by all accounts.

Arsenal and Spurs loanees Szczesny and Fazio also starred for Roma this season and Edin Dzeko was their best player by all accounts.

Yes, because all three are decent footballers, as they proved by getting moves to three good clubs in England. Szczesny had a great season and is linked to Juve and Dzeko was very good in England for a decent period of time.

This also has nothing to do with Salah's quality and profile as a player which is the main reason I like the signing, especially for a Jurgen Klopp side. This was just an additional positive fact. 

The Italian league is shit. Salah had his chance in the prem and fucked up because he isn't good enough. I hope I'm proved wrong obviously but give me a Brandt over a Salah everyday of the week. 

He fucked us off for Chelsea so as far as I'm concerned he is aids. 

• Downvote 1

The Italian league is shit. Salah had his chance in the prem and fucked up because he isn't good enough. I hope I'm proved wrong obviously but give me a Brandt over a Salah everyday of the week.

Its not though is it.

Juve in the champions league final and Roma finishing closer to them than we did to Spurs let alone Chelsea.

The big historic clubs are poor but the leagues fine. Ulook at the premier league,top 6 all got good points. Then theres Everton and below that 6pts seperated 8th and 17th. Now thats shite

Sorry mate, but you're a bit wrong here. He really looked decent in the few minutes he got when he played for Chelsea, but being a young player under Mourinho meant that he was never going to be given a fair chance.

Brandt is a good young player, but doesn't have the pace and directness we need in the side, which Salah would provide. In terms of depth and squad balance, we need a direct speedy winger as we currently only have Mane in that position, and not a left or right sided midfield technician, which Coutinho or Lallana can both operate in.

Also, we faffed around over a few million at the time, or Ayre tried to low ball Basel, after which Chelsea swooped in, offered their asking price and offered better terms to the player causing the deal to fall flat. Hardly am indictment on the player, more so on our management at the time.