You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Calm down you drama queens

redheart

Christ this place is a nightmare when we lose. We have lost away to Man City and to Chelsea.

Everyone who has gone to City has been battered. We were better than them and only lost because of abysmal refereeing and being wasteful in front of goal. At Chelsea we were outclassed by them for the last twenty minutes of the first half. Other than that we held our own. And another nightmare by the ref.

Thus in these two games we compete with massive spending teams despite being threadbare.

In 2013 we scored more than anyone in the league. The style of our football has increased beyond all recognition under Rodgers. When he was first appointed I was underwhelmed and thought that it was all a bit meh. Since then he has gradually won me over despite my reluctance.

We are one point off champions league football and only six points off the top.

This despite not being able to spend as much as Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs or Man Utd. And of the top 8 teams we have played all but Man Utd away from home.

The future is brighter than it has been for 20 years.

So cheer the fuck up you miserable sods.

• Upvote 18

Guest San Don

And how we're we playing week in and week out? What was our style of football like? How was the long term and medium term planning at the club?

If I remember right, that season we played some cracking football and not just in a couple of games.

4 years and 9 months ago we were beating real madrid

and two years and an asset stripping later we had hodgson as our manager.

every team has periods of rebuilding, inter, Milan, Madrid, barca...

two away losses against the two richest teams in the league where debatable officiating defined the outcome cannot take away the fact that we're getting back there. two quality additions and our injured players back will turn around this mini slump

I've said a few times I wasn't convinced about Rodgers nor am I still, but there's nothing that can be levelled at him in the last few weeks without looking like a sour shithouse. We've played exceptionally well, some of our build up play especially against city was sensational, he's done well to get Sterling seemingly back on track and we're putting up much more of a fight for those top positions than I ever thought we would. We've lost to two very good sides after giving them a game, despite having nowhere near their resources.

This is part of the problem when you're exceeding expectations, the dip makes people think we're somehow plummeting when in actual fact we'd been playing above ourselves and have just been beaten by superior sides following some highly questionable decisions by officials. We're entering the realms of blueshite fans here, finish fifth once in 20 years then demand the manager's head for not getting into the champions league.  

• Upvote 3

Quite right mate. All is not lost. With the exception of UTD, we've been to the rest of our rivals & have them at home. The football is good. We still have Sturridge to come back. And Stevie G. I just take exception to certain players who haven't been pulling their weight & get away with it, week in, week out. Whilst our dreams of the League have been dealt a blow, to even have them dreams at Xmas, shows how far we have come. We have every chance of top 4, especially if we can bring some new signings in. A midfielder who'll walk into our 1st team & an attacker will do for now. Worry about the full backs in the summer.

We would have taken where we are at the moment with open hands before the season started. We have been up top without playing well initially and then we had a good spell and scored a lot of goals. We were unlucky in both Christmas games and deserved something from them.

The New Year will show if we are CL contenders, getting some injured players back and strengthening in the transfer market will help obviously. Without tempting fate we have generally beaten the teams we should although our away form needs to improve. Our home form has been excellent and we have to play all the teams above us at Anfield still

There is massive room for improvement still but all is not doom and gloom by any means. Some senior players do need to take a look at themselves though as some are approaching the exit door I fear they are not interested.

As a professional pundit myself I think we will finish beween first and tenth, you can take that to the bank. 

Our next 3 games are just as important as the last two in terms of a top 4 challenge. If the fixtures were spread differently and we'd been beaten by city, won the next 3 then lost to chelsea it wouldn't seem as bad, but the fact we lost two on the bounce has made it pretty gloomy.

Gotta agree with this 3 pts are 3 pts whoever there against

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Gotta agree with this 3 pts are 3 pts whoever there against

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Not entirely true. Chelsea and Man City are our rivals for the top four, Hull are not.

It's why Morinihio sets out with a defensive mindset not to get beat away from home against clubs he perceives as direct rivals. It makes sense not to let them gain ground on you.

Not entirely true. Chelsea and Man City are our rivals for the top four, Hull are not.

It's why Morinihio sets out with a defensive mindset not to get beat away from home against clubs he perceives as direct rivals. It makes sense not to let them gain ground on you.

agreed. the reason we've dropped so suddenly from 1st to 5th is because we've lost 2 six pointers back to back.

• Upvote 1

Your disappointment should fall in line with your expectations. Personally my expectations for this season was a top 4 challenge and we are currently 1 point off that after playing all our rivals away (with the exception of Manu). That's why I didn't get carried away with the win at Spurs and why I wont get carried away with the losses to City and Chelsea.

For the record, with 19 games left to play, Arsenal are a sense shattering 6 points ahead of us, City and mind blowing 5 points ahead of us and Chelsea are an unasailable 4 points ahead of us, with those teams to play each other AND come to Anfield.

• Upvote 7

Christ this place is a nightmare when we lose. We have lost away to Man City and to Chelsea.

Everyone who has gone to City has been battered. We were better than them and only lost because of abysmal refereeing and being wasteful in front of goal. At Chelsea we were outclassed by them for the last twenty minutes of the first half. Other than that we held our own. And another nightmare by the ref.

Thus in these two games we compete with massive spending teams despite being threadbare.

In 2013 we scored more than anyone in the league. The style of our football has increased beyond all recognition under Rodgers. When he was first appointed I was underwhelmed and thought that it was all a bit meh. Since then he has gradually won me over despite my reluctance.

We are one point off champions league football and only six points off the top.

This despite not being able to spend as much as Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs or Man Utd. And of the top 8 teams we have played all but Man Utd away from home.

The future is brighter than it has been for 20 years.

So cheer the fuck up you miserable sods.

If the conclusion from that fact is that our away form is going to improve, as we've already been to the toughest stadiums, then it's a fair one. That said, it is then worth pointing out that, as we've already played 6 of the bottom 7 teams at Anfield, that our home form is going to suffer as we play a much better quality of team.

With the league as tight as it is - a win potentially taking us 3 points from the top and a loss making us joint 7th - I don't see how people keep drawing sweeping conclusions, but then, I don't really get a lot of the football talk on here, these days.

Shit refereeing aside,we never really looked like getting anything after going ahead against Chelsea.

We have to use our best eleven from the start as the bench is so weak and unless we get a firm foothold we will always be under pressure away from home versus the big two,as City and Chelsea are this season. If these results had been a month apart it would have been easier to take but because its been a few days apart it seems a lot worse.

A good thing is that maybe it shows the owners that January needs a few transfers to keep a top four challenge going until May.

Disappointing but needs to only be a setback rather than a disaster.