You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bye Johnson

liverpoolsno9

what is going on with this lad?  He's looked woeful defensively.  I know its not his strength, but he's always been adequate.  Does a 30yr old England international suffer from loss of confidence?

I understand his forward forays are being curtailed by having Sterling in the side and playing more like a winger, but even when he does get the ball in attacking positions, the verve appears gone.

Is he done??

Not sure if it's money related or something not football-related effecting him, whatever it is, he needs dropping. Stick Ilori there if kelly can't be trusted not to break down. He's the fastest player Sporting have had or something, so even if he's not up to playing full-back, he'll at least make an effort to run up and down unlike Johnson. 

what is going on with this lad?  He's looked woeful defensively.  I know its not his strength, but he's always been adequate.  Does a 30yr old England international suffer from loss of confidence?

I understand his forward forays are being curtailed by having Sterling in the side and playing more like a winger, but even when he does get the ball in attacking positions, the verve appears gone.

Is he done??

Your point about Sterling is well made.

His style and ability are about going forwards , his lack of desire to perform a disciplined defensive role is plain for all to see.

As for his England berth, rarely has competition been so lacking.

I still think that he could do a job in a 352, but I doubt whther we will go that route.

He's gone, the cars still moving, but there is no driver at the wheel. It's a father ted milk float scenario, it's a brick on the accelerator, only there's no petrol left and the cars going to blow up if it goes below 10mph.

It's a shallow vacuous husk, like watching Danielle Lloyd rustling under the covers with some hirsute z list nobody on some forgotten episode of big brother. There is no soul there, only a shell, and not a shell suit either, because at least some permed shell suited monstrosity would run his fat arse off for us for 90 minutes, once a week....out of love.

Glen your vacant......Glen you hear me?......I'm standing behind you in the queue......the woman at the counters been asking you what you want for the last four minutes.......Glen you're in your dressing gown.......are you okay?.....Glen........(fades out)

• Upvote 1

I think Johnson has been told that he'd have to take a fairly big pay cut to get a new contract. To be honest, if you tell an employee that they'll only continue to work for you if they take a pay hit, you're going to get a drop in performance. 

I think Johnson has been told that he'd have to take a fairly big pay cut to get a new contract. To be honest, if you tell an employee that they'll only continue to work for you if they take a pay hit, you're going to get a drop in performance. 

agree mate, I think he just doesn't give a shit beacuse he knows he'll be fucked off in the Summer and replaced

He is a plank if that is it. (And he may well be a plank). 

It is one thing if you work for an accounting firm or a manufacturing co and you are told that.

He is on film every minute - which means he is auditioning for his next packet every fuckin week. At this stage, what Top 6 team would want Glen Johnson?

I still have high hopes for McLaughlin who apparently was class on his debut for Barnsley yesterday.

Wisdom is having a stormer for Derby too.

Johnson will be gone at the end of the season. No club will touch him on those wages and recent performance level. I can see him going to MLS perhaps.

He has been outstanding for them. I was saying yesterday that we should end the loan and bring him back here.

I think he's gone to shit but can't believe some of the stuff I've read on this forum about him. You hate him? You detest him? He's a cunt?

Absolutely vile. He's not playing shite on purpose.

I'm not sure about that.  I don't hate him, he's a football player for gods sake, but I want him shipped out as soon as practically possible.

It seems he's been playing while carrying injuries, according to Rodgers:

Our latest one is Glen Johnson. Glen has played a lot of the season having been injured and really put himself out for the team, but unfortunately he's struggled a lot with a number of injuries.

The timeline he'll be out will be indefinitely, really. We'll just need to assess that and see how quickly he comes through that.

He's had a real bad ankle for a period of time, and just one or two other issues that haven't allowed him to be 100 per cent.

I think everyone has seen over many years the speed, fluency and how good he's been, but for part of this season he's been restricted and that's obviously been difficult for him.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/153796-johnson-set-for-spell-on-sidelines

Luckily Flanagan seems to be fit again.