You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away - 29/12/2013

Xherdan

This is what's on BBC Sport.

--------------------------------------------

Liverpool boss Rodgers on Samuel Eto'o's challenge on Jordan Henderson: "Eto'o was very fortunate to be on the pitch. The challenge was a poor challenge. I know we scored from it, but he was nowhere near the ball."

Rodgers on late penalty appeal against Eto'o: "You've seen them given and Eto'o was not even looking at the ball. He's been streetwise and cute and was looking to block Luis. If he's intentionally blocking our man it's a penalty is it not? But Howard Webb was on the spot and we have to accept it and move on."

Unfortunately, he did.

Now we'll have internet superfans turning themselves inside out trying to defend him.

Bollock dropped.

He blew his load questioning the ref in the last game. I have a feeling he is trying to win back brownie points with the Fa.

For the record I would have taken being 6 points off the top in December at the start of the season. How many points were we off the top last season. And I would have taken 2 points off City and Chelsea away (what we acheived last season) so we're ony two points worse off.

I looks bad now because we were top but playing City and Chelsea away with onlys days between the games was always going to be a nightmare.

Unfortunately, he did.

Now we'll have internet superfans turning themselves inside out trying to defend him.

Bollock dropped.

I have absolutely all the time in the world for Rodgers and am fully behind him but...

He seriously dropped a fucking bollock IMO. If that was sarcasm then he's worse at it than Rafa, and he couldn't do it with a set of notes in his hands either.

(I bet Rafa will be calling them a bunch of cheating cunts right now)

Not say the ref had a good game.

Good place to start.

Hardly hailing Webb is he?

Liverpool boss Rodgers on Samuel Eto'o's challenge on Jordan Henderson: "Eto'o was very fortunate to be on the pitch. The challenge was a poor challenge. I know we scored from it, but he was nowhere near the ball."

Rodgers on late penalty appeal against Eto'o: "You've seen them given and Eto'o was not even looking at the ball. He's been streetwise and cute and was looking to block Luis. If he's intentionally blocking our man it's a penalty is it not? But Howard Webb was on the spot and we have to accept it and move on."

Hardly hailing Webb is he?

his first words in the interview regarding Webb were he had a good game and is a top ref.

Whilst we have had better days,today was all about the fucking ref.

If Etoo gets sent off for that knee high cruncher, he doesn't get involved in the equaliser, and he doesn't score the winner.

Chelsea kicked the shit out of Liverpool today, and he let them do it.

Need some new words in the dictionary to describe my feelings for Mr Webb.

Dont need to see shitcoat on TV to wind me up even more,

Im fucking seething.

• Upvote 2

Rodgers isn't stupid.

He's washed away most of the bad PR the club has had since the Benitez/Hicks/Gillett saga and most people will tell you they don't have a problem with Rodgers because he's amicable and handles himself well in public even if he can come across as eccentric.

To have him chew out referees twice in public in 3 days will get us all nodding in agreement but probably get the rest of football shaking their heads. He knows Webb has cost us points today but doesn't want a fine to develop into a touchline ban.  He's being clever about it. Anyone with a pair of eyes today knows that corrupt bastard has cost us just as Mason did on Thursday.

• Upvote 1