You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away - 29/12/2013

Xherdan

Sure he did, sure he did. Fooled Kenny then eh?

Only those two games got him the England call up to the Euros as well then eh?

Not the lad's fault he got caught up in the money laundering scheme, I mean highest British transfer fee.

Has a lot of potential but will only fulfill it at Newcastle unfortunately.

He was injured when he signed, he was leaving the club he idolised without really a say in the matter and he was still developing his game.

I remember him tearing Man City a new arsehole at Anfield in one of his first few games, did you see it?

FA Cup Semi Final against Everton did allright then eh?

Suppose you never celebrated when he scored then?

Huge expectations on someone so young still developing his game and looking for consistency in it created unrealistic behaviours amongst our fanbase.

If he ever finds his way back to Newcastle you may see the real him. Sometimes that is just the way it is with some players.

I actually thought he was fucked over a little. I remember him destroying Wolves then being left out of the team for the derby the week after. Shit like that destroys confidence in young players and he is definitely a confidence player.

Andy Carroll is shit and has always been shit.  He had a 3month spell at Newcastle when they got back in the Prem when he was less shit.  We then wasted 35million on the piece of shit.  The End.

• Upvote 1

Hate agreeing with maureen but we have no European football as a distraction unlike everyone bar the shite.

The reason why we don't have European football is we did not play as well as our peers, and so finished below them. The "distraction" argument is rarely supported in practise.

Andy Carroll is shit and has always been shit. He had a 3month spell at Newcastle when they got back in the Prem when he was less shit. We then wasted 35million on the piece of shit. The End.

Happy to just agree to disgaree not to derail the thread. We all have our opinions, that's what makes footie so addictive.

Not the lad's fault he got caught up in the money laundering scheme, I mean highest British transfer fee.

He was injured when he signed, he was leaving the club he idolised without really a say in the matter and he was still developing his game.

I remember him tearing Man City a new arsehole at Anfield in one of his first few games, did you see it?

Huge expectations on someone so young still developing his game and looking for consistency in it created unrealistic behaviours amongst our fanbase.

If he ever finds his way back to Newcastle you may see the real him. Sometimes that is just the way it is with some players.

I actually thought he was fucked over a little. I think I remember him destroying Wolves then being left out of the team for the derby the week after. Shit like that destroys confidence in young players and he is definitely a confidence player.

any sympathy I had with him over injuries and big transfer fees was gone after I saw this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/video-shows-andy-carroll-partying-2011539

he was still our player at this point.

we could have been lumbered with the big waster.

any sympathy I had with him over injuries and big transfer fees was gone after I saw this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/video-shows-andy-carroll-partying-2011539

When he joined us he was already injured as a result of falling off a barstool while trying to balance 12 jagerbombs.

Writing was on the wall from before day 1.

I actually thought he was fucked over a little. I think I remember him destroying Wolves then being left out of the team for the derby the week after. Shit like that destroys confidence in young players and he is definitely a confidence player.

He's so busy destroying the opposition all the time he forgets to score many goals.

He's so busy destroying the opposition all the time he forgets to score many goals.

Did you even read what I wrote?

Admittedly as a striker he probably could have scored more goals for us but I think we hit the bar or post something ridiculous like 57 times that season.

Football though is much more than just scoring. It is your overall contribution to the team effort.

Just those three games I mentioned summed up his time here.

Scored in the FA Cup semi against Everton and I thought played really well and deserved his spot on merit.

He then gets dropped for the Final but nearly changes the game singlehandedly when he comes on, scores one, arguably could have had another.

He could have dropped his bundle there and he probably had done before but that performance showed a little bit of maturity in how he responded so you have to give him dues there.

He is reinstated for the Chelsea game at home, doesn't score but I think put in one of his best shifts in the shirt. He was everywhere that night.

Like I said everyone has an opinion which they are entitled to.

Like I also said I think he will only ever realise his true potential back at Newcastle.

If it was in the mirror it must be true, why only the other day they printed a pciture that proved Suarez wasn't touched by Lescott and just threw himself to the floor.

Nothing from two really good efforts.

No luck whatsoever. Referees, linesman, the bar.

Cruel consecutive fixtures right at the end of the year certainly cancel out any advantage we had from the "kind" list of matches we supposedly enjoyed early in the season.

And now more injuries.

Gutted.

Fucking gutted.

But... the fixtures get "easier" now.

Gerrard and Sturridge back soon.

We face the top 4, plus Spurs and Newcastle, all at home.

The toilet our toughest away assignment.

January reinforcements hopefully.

The Cup coming up too.

Start by dishing out some revenge to Hull.

Happy Fucking New Year, everyone.

The worst might be over.

Faith. Hope.

Every year there are teams in the league that don't have the distraction of European football. I rarely recall them finishing top of the league.

We will not win the league this year- going from 7th to 1st is too much of an ask, especially as most of the clubs ahead of us outspent us over the summer (with the exception of ManU who we have overtaken and Everton who instead got exceptionally good loan signings).

We have a good shot at the top 4 which is pretty good progress.

It's a tactic isn't it, kicking players in the first five minutes of games. Allardyce's teams do it every game. Very rare to get sent off that early, especially with Webb refereeing you at home.

Man Utd's defence have a tactic whereby someone crosses the halfway line with space in front of them, Rafael, Vidic, or Ferdinand rugby tackle the attacker and take the yellow instead of the attack happening.

All this complaining about Chelsea's roughhousing is legitimate. But why didn't we retaliate with some stiff studs challenges of our own. If the referee isn't going to protect our players, which was clear after 5 minutes, it's the duty of the players to protect each other.

When Mirallas gored Suarez, what happened? It took Suarez to try to knee him on the sidelines an hour later. Somebody should have busted Barkely in the ankle - that would stop this kind of shite immediately.

We need a hard man, have for years.

All this complaining about Chelsea's roughhousing is legitimate. But why didn't we retaliate with some stiff studs challenges of our own. If the referee isn't going to protect our players, which was clear after 5 minutes, it's the duty of the players to protect each other.

When Mirallas gored Suarez, what happened? It took Suarez to try to knee him on the sidelines an hour later. Somebody should have busted Barkely in the ankle - that would stop this kind of shite immediately.

We need a hard man, have for years.

What we need is another Didi or Mascherano to replace Lucas. I wouldn't call either a hard man but both knew how to put in a tackle at the right time and especially in Didi's case win sneaky free kicks a la Luiz yesterday. Lucas is fucking gormless, he puts in half arsed hang your leg out challenges in silly places that put us back under pressure.