You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away - 29/12/2013

Xherdan

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I really, really, really want us to win this one. I couldn't give a fuck about Mourinho's record, I don't care that they're 'chavs', I don't care about anything bar the three points. I don't think we need to win to get back into the top four over the long stretch - after all, most of our hard away games will have already been played, leaving us a tidy set of fixtures for the rest of the season - but it would keep up right in the mix going into those games. It'll be a kick in the teeth if we come away from this and the City game with nothing, knowing full well we're capable of winning both.

The loss of Ramires will be detrimental to a Chelsea that probably has more midfielders than our entire squad, with no exaggeration whatsoever!! Sheer wishful thinking. This is a game that is as pivotal for Chelsea as it's for us; so mourinho will make sure they produce their most cautious, tactical game to win it. And if we continue with our pedestrian set piece defending and wastefulness in front of goal, God help us, as we  would potentially be staring at fifth spot at the end of the day, four places below where we're only this time last week. We should be able to deliver the perfect game to be able to take away a result let alone win it comfortably as some on here would like to have us believe. We should be prepared for a tough tough game. 

• Upvote 1

I really, really, really want us to win this one. I couldn't give a fuck about Mourinho's record, I don't care that they're 'chavs', I don't care about anything bar the three points. I don't think we need to win to get back into the top four over the long stretch - after all, most of our hard away games will have already been played, leaving us a tidy set of fixtures for the rest of the season - but it would keep up right in the mix going into those games. It'll be a kick in the teeth if we come away from this and the City game with nothing, knowing full well we're capable of winning both.

I'd love to pretend this was my view (I'm not suggesting you're pretending!) but I absolutely detest that football club. Manager, fans, players, and owners. Scum.

Out of interest, did you detest Ken Bates-era Chelsea?

Difficult to answer. I think it was just slightly different. Some of the meatheads have been replaced with the entitled. Still had plenty of hateful aspects to the club.

No doubt money has changed the club immeasurably though.

• Upvote 1

Things change, you've apparently been posting here for a year and I'd never noticed until about a month ago at which point you became a high and mighty prissy arse.

I'm not high and mighty at all, it's a genuine question.

Ken Bates, in my opinion, was as dislikeable as Ambramovic. Bates is an arrogant, self-serving twat who had little regard for football supporters. He wanted to put football fans behind electrified fences, remember?

As for Chelsea, I neither like nor dislike the club. But then again, I don't even dislike Man United as much as I used to. No longer attending matches has lead to me being a bit disenchanted with modern football and has dampened my passion.

A lot of Chelsea fans do come across as bellends, and some of their songs/chants vile, but all clubs have their dick-heads. I've got to know one or two Chelsea fans since I moved down south. I have to say they are thoroughly decent people, and time-served match-goers to boot.

I've known a few good Chelsea fans, but I tend to view them in the same vein as Daily Mail readers, Dan Brown fans or dyed in the wool Tories, they can be nice people one to one, but when you look at what it is they ardently follow you can't help but think slightly less of them.

CL football has been a little sullied by Chelsea's win for me, it's like a nice pub that some wanker's found and started acted like he's always been a regular and even tells you about it.

And then there are those flags. And everyone saying Mourinho is good for the league. 

I accepted the defeat against City maturely, partially because it was a good performance against a tough side, but I think subconsciously part of that attitude was because I figured we'd only have a chance to win one of the two big games and this is the one I want, more than anything.

I'm not high and mighty at all, it's a genuine question.

Ken Bates, in my opinion, was as dislikeable as Ambramovic. Bates is an arrogant, self-serving twat who had little regard for football supporters. He wanted to put football fans behind electrified fences, remember?

As for Chelsea, I neither like nor dislike the club. But then again, I don't even dislike Man United as much as I used to. No longer attending matches has lead to me being a bit disenchanted with modern football and has dampened my passion.

A lot of Chelsea fans do come across as bellends, and some of their songs/chants vile, but all clubs have their dick-heads. I've got to know one or two Chelsea fans since I moved down south. I have to say they are thoroughly decent people, and time-served match-goers to boot.

I'm mates with a few die-hard Chelsea fans and they are good fellas.... until.... the subject of Football comes up and they are the southern versions of the Bitters. I refuse to talk footy with them because I end up wanting to headbutt the cunts. 

All match-goers though, they go up from Pompey every other week and stuff, can't fault that like but I still hate Chelsea 

One of my best mates down here  is a Manc from Flint. I'm not fussy.