You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away - 29/12/2013

Xherdan

I'm going for 2-1 to us. They will get a set piece goal at some point, but we will play our football, press, pass, move, and score a couple. We have a decent chance to take Mourinho's home record here. That would be ace. Even better would be what a win will do for us going into the second half of the season.

If we win we will start the second half of the season only 2-3 points off top spot. With no European football we have a chance to be more focused and rested between games. Also, we have most of the big teams coming to Anfield. We would have a great opportunity to challenge for that title. 

Come on you reds!

• Upvote 1

Some proper headbangers on this thread. Allen has been excellent for us recently, the problem for him is that he is not making massive lung busting runs down the flank or running past defenders. He has really assisted with the tempo of our passing and pressing the oppo when we dont have the ball. Its underrated stuff, but vital to rodgeball. Those who cant see that are FM quims.

Cool, the internet has called me another name. I'll add it to the list, go tell my mum or something.

Sometimes wanting a player to do well clouds their judgement  on how well they are doing. Allen has done alright, even very good in patches but i think it is right to expect another level from him.

I'll admit it can work the other way as well, and that I've never really been a fan of what Allen brings to the table, but I honestly don't get all this praise. I hope he eventually starts playing like the player people are describing, because that would be nice.

By basically being poor at shooting and having a poor touch under pressure and making poor passing decisions in attacking positions....take your pick.

I disagree completely. It's like we haven't been watching the same matches. Allen's shooting is shit though, I'll give you that.

Sometimes wanting a player to do well clouds their judgement  on how well they are doing. Allen has done alright, even very good in patches but i think it is right to expect another level from him.

Our midfield has had problems all season. Our midfield performance at hull was shocking.

Since Allen returned to the side we have had comfortable victories against west ham, spurs and cardiff and were not taken to the cleaners (as most sides have been) away at man city. Give the kid a break.

Going to be a tough one this. Mourinho's turned them into a right bunch of grinders. I'll take a draw but we'll be in trouble if they score first. They will just go into defensive mode and will be very hard to score against. We must score first if we want to win this one. And we'll need to cut out the silly mistakes when defending set pieces otherwise we're bound to concede one to Chelsea.

Going for a 1-1.

Going to be a tough one this. Mourinho's turned them into a right bunch of grinders. I'll take a draw but we'll be in trouble if they score first. They will just go into defensive mode and will be very hard to score against. We must score first if we want to win this one. And we'll need to cut out the silly mistakes when defending set pieces otherwise we're bound to concede one to Chelsea.

Going for a 1-1.

A draw would be a decent outcome and would set us up nicely for what on paper is an easier second half of the season. 

A bit of a reality check is needed here - their home record under Mourinho is pretty phenomenal and they've a much bigger squad than us. I fear that we'll struggle to maintain the same intensity for another 90 minutes, given that with exceptions of Agger and Toure, we've nobody to rotate our first XI with at the moment.

I am feeling confident over this and think we will break the overcoats record of him never losing a league home game with him in charge. Also feel we have to win this or not lose at least if we want a top 4 place at the end of the season.

United have started to get there 1-0 wins up and running and City and the Arse looking good. Would expect Chelsea to invest in a forward in this window and surely Spurs cant be as bad in the second half of the season . 

By basically being poor at shooting and having a poor touch under pressure and making poor passing decisions in attacking positions....take your pick.

Well thats just nonsense through out.

He had a bad pass at City's second goal, yes, but if anything Allen is good under pressure, he goes looking for the ball and is calm when pressured.

My Bro said to me yesterday that we've never lost two matches in a row under Rodgers. Does he mean this season or both?? I can't be bothered checking, but it doesn't fill me with confidence.

We need at least a point here, but it will be tough. So much depends on the teams around us. Arsenal are at Newcastle. If they lose, we have frigging Newcastle on the same points as us, and another good side in the top four mix.

Everton at home to Southampton I think - not an easy game for them, but once again, failing to get at least a point with the Blue-shite sneaking 3, has those cocks above us.

Pressure mounting now. COME ON YOU RED MEN 

I'll admit it can work the other way as well, and that I've never really been a fan of what Allen brings to the table, but I honestly don't get all this praise. I hope he eventually starts playing like the player people are describing, because that would be nice.

You can go back to the midfield which got played off the park at Hull, but that wouldn't really be nice.

Our midfield has had problems all season. Our midfield performance at hull was shocking.

Since Allen returned to the side we have had comfortable victories against west ham, spurs and cardiff and were not taken to the cleaners (as most sides have been) away at man city. Give the kid a break.

Next you will be telling Allen was playing on his own in those games.

And i thought my post wasn't critical just believing there is room for improvement and not going over the top.

Some proper headbangers on this thread. Allen has been excellent for us recently, the problem for him is that he is not making massive lung busting runs down the flank or running past defenders. He has really assisted with the tempo of our passing and pressing the oppo when we dont have the ball. Its underrated stuff, but vital to rodgeball. Those who cant see that are FM quims.

or scoring goals or making goals.