You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The sudden Media's Suarez love in?

Jonjo Baldy

Let us be honest he did a lot of things to bring in on himself.  I hated the Evra thing as that was fucking wrong but he has not covered himself in glory.

He has come out this season and been a model pro and possibly been the best player in world football, they gave him praise and he deserves it.  They are snide cunts but to be fair they are giving it where it is due.  Cannot knock that.

• Upvote 1

Let us be honest he did a lot of things to bring in on himself.  I hated the Evra thing as that was fucking wrong but he has not covered himself in glory.

He has come out this season and been a model pro and possibly been the best player in world football, they gave him praise and he deserves it.  They are snide cunts but to be fair they are giving it where it is due.  Cannot knock that.

I'm still not really happy with how he behaved in the summer to be honest because although ill support him and cheer when he scores I'm not that comfortable kissing his arse because I'm half expecting it to be thrown in our faces again in the summer.

You're right

Pundits are doing what they are paid to do namely to sell tabloid rags and provide couch potatoes with their football opinions. On balance its better they are queuing up to suck his dick at the moment rather than whipping up the baying mob to string him up. Personally I couldn't give a fuck if the likes of Garth Crooks thinks he is the player of the season , the devil incarnate or the second messiah. He like the vast majority of them is a fucking arsehole .

The press report the story. The racism thing was ridiculous, but I felt that was mostly to do with the mood at the time. FIFA and the FA were at it, so the FA wanted to look strong. Suarez bore the brunt of the injustice, with Ferguson stirring the pot. 

The biting thing was self inflicted. It was a stupid thing to do and I wasn't happy with him for it. Given his previous, he should have been more professional. However, the ten game ban was very heavy handed. Still, no bite, no ban. 

In both of the above cases the press had a lot to report, a lot to stir, and a lot of papers to sell. 

Fast forward to today. Suarez is playing the best football of anyone in the Premier League. He is the best player in the league. He is scoring goals for fun, all sorts of goals too. It would be incredibly remiss of the press if they weren't waxing lyrical about it all. 

• Upvote 3

We should all worship him not just the press. Saddam Hussain style statues need to be erected and we should all prey 5 times a day into the direction we believe we are facing him.

He is that good.

wouldn't we just love him to score a hat trick against man city, the press would run out of superlatives.

Every player going to ground at the slightest poke is making the game ridiculous. They don't even make an attempt to stay on their feet.

Exactly. Singling out players is ridiculous and that was a cheap shot from Mourinho last night considering the players he has managed himself.

Guest San Don

It didnt last long if you read tommorows papers. "Suarez in ANOTHER dive storm"

It's no wonder him and his wife want to fuck off to Spain

That's got to be from the daily wail hasnt it? Just checked and yep, thought it was. Every time there's contact with Suarez it's 'another diving storm.'