You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So...Manchester City!

WhiskeyJar

Manchester City vs Liverpool  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

You are massively overhyping City. You think they will win comfortably the league. I don't think they will win the League. They will finish top four and not far off the Champions, but I'll be surprised if they win it.

I'm very disappointed we were robbed the victory today. They wouldn't be able to recover from 0-2.  

You are massively overhyping City. You think they will win comfortably the league. I don't think they will win the League. They will finish top four and not far off the Champions, but I'll be surprised if they win it.

I'm very disappointed we were robbed the victory today. They wouldn't be able to recover from 0-2.

Not at all.

They have a seriously strong squad and it will tell the further you get into the season. They can pretty much replace anyone with another quality player and that's not something the rest can do.

Very good performance and a really frustrating result. Deserved at least a draw but missed 3 big chances and were undone yet again from a setpiece and yet another individual mistake in this fixture. Considering we can't defend setpieces against mediocre teams it's no surprise City scored from one against us. Mignolet's been very good this season so just a shame he picked this game to make a mistake in.

Mason was his usual useless self like he is just about every time he referees us and that offside decision from the linesman on Sterling in the first half was just shocking. Even before seeing the replays I thought there was no way it was offside and it shouldn't even have been a difficult decision for him. It was 0-0 at the time and we did go a goal up after that so maybe we still would have lost the game anyway. Or maybe not. It's impossible to know how the game would have turned out really but it's a lot more difficult to win games when you have decisions like that go against you.

But considering the way City have battered pretty much everyone at home this season including United, Spurs and Arsenal then we can at least take plenty of positives from the performance.

WHAT??!!

I said at the beginning of the season the should win this league by 10 points going away - anything less is a MASSIVE failure by all involved there.

Guest San Don

It could do. See how it plays out. I'm quite happy he spoke out personally.

So when benitez spoke out about refs do you think we got more decisions going our way or not?

Guest San Don

Was he wrong?

Was who wrong?

I thought the point we were discussing was whether we'd get more decisions if our manager did the ferguson trick?

The fact no one, wenger, the King, maureen et al had improved refing decisions is I think an indication to how it would pan out.

I hate games like these, feel robbed, would of been happy if we had played terrible and got rightly beaten, I mean with Hull game it didn't bother me so much, but when we have matched or outplayed the opposition and should of won but didn't, it really pisses me off, ruined the day. Normally I watch MOTD to relive the glory, but feck that shit

He going through a bad run. He suffers from lack of concentration in my opinion  and has done to some degree all of his career. He is world class when he's on his game, but that has been not very often recently.

Spot on and exactly what I think. he is a class act who is having a run of poor form. Supporters getting on his back aren't going to help - we should be getting behind him.

City, arsenal, chelsea, spurs have all got to come to anfield in the second half of the season, even if we lose to chelsea we are still in with a chance of the title.

It will be all about how we will react after these two big games, that is when we will know how serious we are, arsenal bounced back after poor results with a win at west ham we must do the same and carry on what we have be doing the first half of the season.

When Sturridge comes back it will be a big boost as not only is he a big goal threat he also creates space for luis as teams know they need to watch him.

We can only go off of what we've seen though which is us scoring 2 legitimate first half goals and only one standing. Sure had the first stood it probably would've been a different game but to be fair they were in quick succession so who's to say we don't withstand City's initial response and then hit them on the break? 

Who knows what would of happened but it certainly wouldn't of been the exact same game, these things happen all the time and you hear the same thing, ive never understood why people think it would of been the same game afterwards, it wouldn't of been, we can only guess what would of happened, it could of stayed 1-0, we could of won 5-1 or got dicked 5-1, no-one knows.

City, arsenal, chelsea, spurs have all got to come to anfield in the second half of the season, even if we lose to chelsea we are still in with a chance of the title.

It will be all about how we will react after these two big games, that is when we will know how serious we are, arsenal bounced back after poor results with a win at west ham we must do the same and carry on what we have be doing the first half of the season.

When Sturridge comes back it will be a big boost as not only is he a big goal threat he also creates space for luis as teams know they need to watch him.

Who would you replace Sturridge for?

Other than the shocking officiating, i'm cool with today.

We opened our legs and showed we are worthy of top 4.

Even with Luis having an off-ish day.

I though Suarez was outstanding. We judge him on goals but he turned provider today due to not getting the service he usually does due to the opposition. He created so many chances and showed just how important he is to us.