You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So...Manchester City!

WhiskeyJar

Manchester City vs Liverpool  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

Very unlucky to get something from that game.

I was hoping for a draw, but realistically expecting a narrow defeat, and so it turned out, sadly.

My mood darken considerably before the game though when I saw that the incompetent moon-faced wanker Mason was the ref for the game.

We played superbly, particularly in the first half and it is a great pity that Mignolet chose this game to make a mistake right at the end.

That miss from Sterling in the second half didn't help either, but the team can be proud of how they played - with a bit more luck going our way, and with more competent officiating (I know it's a big ask, but still) we could have won that game.

Onwards and upwards - play like this when we pay a visit to Chelsea in a couple of days time and we take home 3 points, simple as that.

Oooh he never did!

I don't want him panning the referees, I'd let the media do it for us by keeping quiet. Now they're just going to say 'Rodgers complaining about the referee....' , and it all just sounds like a broken record and gets you nowhere. Wenger complains constantly, gets him nowhere.

Oooh he never did!

I don't want him panning the referees, I'd let the media do it for us by keeping quiet. Now they're just going to say 'Rodgers complaining about the referee....' , and it all just sounds like a broken record and gets you nowhere. Wenger complains constantly, gets him nowhere.

Sorry, miles off the truth, complaining about refs gets you everywhere, look at fergurson, pressurise the cunts. Put them in the spotlight, make sure any bad decision will not go unnoticed. Question their ability/integrity if needs be, make sure that if they make a howler against your team they pay for it, take the fine, fuck em.

Oooh he never did!

It might put pressure on the referee in our next few games,

Gutted we lost, but very pleased with that performance. If we can play at the same level at Chelsea we should get at least a point there, and maybe even more important it will be a clear indication we are getting stronger.

Think Rodgers is doing the right thing by complaining about the referee. In reality though, apart from the shocking offside flag no Sterling I think we got about the 40% we can normally expect away at a top team. And that's not including the 4-5 penalties city could have had on Skrtels shirt pulling. Totally unbelievable that he gets away with it, I think the reason may be that he holds his man so tightly that it ends up looking like a tangle and nothing is given. Would be refreshing to see him jump and actually clear a corner with a clean header though.

Guest San Don

Sorry, miles off the truth, complaining about refs gets you everywhere, look at fergurson, pressurise the cunts. Put them in the spotlight, make sure any bad decision will not go unnoticed. Question their ability/integrity if needs be, make sure that if they make a howler against your team they pay for it, take the fine, fuck em.

It might put pressure on the referee in our next few games,

And could quite easily make the refs go the other way and give even more shit decisions against us.

Just cos ferguson had refs quaking in their nappies doent mean any other manager would get the same effect.

I understand your point but Rodgers isn't Ferguson and we aren't the scum. For whatever reason the media were shit scared of ginsoak and wouldn't dare shit on united when he was there either. Maybe it would be different as our manager is British now but we all saw how the media made out like Benitez was cracking up when he called ferguson and the refs up on their bullshit. For this reason I agree with Funneee that the media would just spin it into a "Rodgers bitches too much story", they'd probably include a few digs at Suarez and how Rodgers doesn't complain about his "embellishment" as well. The way things seem to workout for us it might even get him a touchline ban for disregarding the "respect campaign", nevermind that it only seems to apply to select teams anyway.

That said, there should be a way to make sure completely terrible refereeing decisions like the offside that wasn't don't ruin a game. What the proper solution would be I'm not sure as using replay technology would most likely slow down the game and retrospectively awarding or disallowing goals just seems like a shitty way to win or draw and an even shittier way to lose.

As much as im pissed off with the linesman i dont get the logic we would of been 2-0 up.

The game would of flowed in a different direction, the Coutinho situation/goal would never of happened, who knows how the game would of panned out after City kicked off again? it certainly wouldn't of went exactly the same as it did.

Just to make it clear i am in no way defending that daft cunt of a lino.

We can only go off of what we've seen though which is us scoring 2 legitimate first half goals and only one standing. Sure had the first stood it probably would've been a different game but to be fair they were in quick succession so who's to say we don't withstand City's initial response and then hit them on the break? 

And could quite easily make the refs go the other way and give even more shit decisions against us.

Just cos ferguson had refs quaking in their nappies doent mean any other manager would get the same effect.

It could do. See how it plays out. I'm quite happy he spoke out personally.

Funnily enough, the biggest problem for me is not Glen 'but he's good going forward' Johnson's defensive side, although that's not good enough. For me it's the misplaced, careless, easy balls he gives away whilst we're on the attack, which really has me foaming at the mouth,also his crossing/ final ball is dreadful (he did put 1 in today tho) which, we're forever being told, is the strongest part of his game. He then invites pressure on us as he's caught out of position.

I understand your point but Rodgers isn't Ferguson and we aren't the scum. For whatever reason the media were shit scared of ginsoak and wouldn't dare shit on united when he was there either. Maybe it would be different as our manager is British now but we all saw how the media made out like Benitez was cracking up when he called ferguson and the refs up on their bullshit. For this reason I agree with Funneee that the media would just spin it into a "Rodgers bitches too much story", they'd probably include a few digs at Suarez and how Rodgers doesn't complain about his "embellishment" as well. The way things seem to workout for us it might even get him a touchline ban for disregarding the "respect campaign", nevermind that it only seems to apply to select teams anyway.

That said, there should be a way to make sure completely terrible refereeing decisions like the offside that wasn't don't ruin a game. What the proper solution would be I'm not sure as using replay technology would most likely slow down the game and retrospectively awarding or disallowing goals just seems like a shitty way to win or draw and an even shittier way to lose.

Spot on. To be honest even though it's annoying, ref fuckups are part of football and always have been, they grate, but to a large extent it's hard shit.

Ferguson actually had refs and linesmen demoted and removed from Premiership games if the stories are to be believed, he was more than a manager making a gripe, he was a man with connections and influence at every level of the English game, no manager will have that level of sway again so there's no point really making a song and dance about it.

The fact we were robbed by a ref decision shows how well we played though, we'd have been mullered by citeh this time last year, lots of positives to be taken from our form of late.

They did that against Kenny. One of retired refs mentioned it in their column.

Really should have got something out of that but if suarez doesnt score then someone else has to. Coutinho got one and should have had another. Sterling should have scored too.

Unfortunately our poor defending from set pieces has cost us again and the goal before half time will go down as mignolets mistake but we were ripped apart and pulled all over the shop on the counter.

What to do about sakho as well? Probably our best defender but if anyone thinks he's not a time bomb with the ball at his feet after his 2nd half showing today then they re deluded.

In fairness after his early performances he has been good with the ball. Maybe cissokho brings out the worst in him.

He going through a bad run. He suffers from lack of concentration in my opinion  and has done to some degree all of his career. He is world class when he's on his game, but that has been not very often recently.

The very definition of World Class is someone who produces World Class performances CONSISTENTLY. That's something he has never EVER done. Fuck me Danny fuckin Wellbeck is World Class too. On his day he's good, but his day is 1 in 20 games. That's not World Class mate. That's what you call 'shit'.

Really should have got something out of that but if suarez doesnt score then someone else has to. Coutinho got one and should have had another. Sterling should have scored too.

Unfortunately our poor defending from set pieces has cost us again and the goal before half time will go down as mignolets mistake but we were ripped apart and pulled all over the shop on the counter.

Despite that it was a tame effort that should have been saved, which is why Mignolet will be blamed for it. I agree that the chance should have never even occurred but a seemingly half-hearted chip should never go in either. I don't think anyone would blame him had Negredo produced something brilliant there.

Feel about as good as you can after losing. We gave them a good fight at their place, something nobody else have for a while. Was always going to be a tight game and we didn´t have the luck or margins to win it in the end. Would have deserved a point though. 

I think it was a big difference for them to get Zabaleta back in time for the game. He´s an important player for them and played well. Made it difficult for Coutinho defensively and got forward. Fortunately Cissoko played much better than I feared. MOM for me was no doubt Kompany. Was brilliant against Suarez and got the goal aswell. He´s just a class act when on form.

Most of our boys deserve credit, but especially Allen and Sterling impressed.   

I wish:

Skrtel could be shown to go for the ball rather than the man when it is crossed (great blocks etc of course). Mourinho will want penalties for the shirt-pulling and his rentboy Terry will go all out for one.

we could send Moses back before Sunday and stop paying him...

What a weird feeling.

We have just been beat but I feel more confident about the season to come than I did this morning. I was worried about going there as they have been outstanding at home but we pretty much matched them while playing our usual attacking game.

I've been delighted with our form but there was a bit of me that wondered if we could cope with the likes of City or Chelsea, even after the Spurs result but today proved that we can compete with anyone. If we play like that against Chelsea, we will beat them. City are the best team we will play this season and we have shown that we don't need to fear anyone.

We should be aiming for the stars but even a top 3 finish will be great as I think city will have to much depth come March or April. This is our chance to push on and we can't afford to waste the opportunity.