You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So...Manchester City!

WhiskeyJar

Manchester City vs Liverpool  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

Also Skrtel needs to have a word with himself, his shirt pulling is so blatant, Kompany does it too, but in a much smarter way. It's gonna be a penalty sooner or later if he keeps on doing that.

I'm of the opposite opinion, I think it's ridiculous that it's being highlighted so much. If you kept a camera on any defender in the league they'd be shirt pulling at every corner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad bad bad from Mignolet, but mistakes occasionally happen.

I would have subbed Cissokho after 4 minutes.

In fact that's my one criticism of Rodgers, he's got players like Aspas, Moses and Alberto on the bench who aren't given enough minutes to give themselves a chance when given a run out, like Cissokho today.

Thought Skrtel was as much at fault for their 2nd goal as Mignolet. He was on Negredo then left him to run clean through on goal while he needlessly ran towards the ball. For someone who is completely oblivious to the football on set pieces he doesn't half tunnel in on it in open play.

Other than that thought it was a great half between 2 good teams.

I dont care if we lose to City, it's not going to win us the title or get a CL spot.

Id love to beat them, but...its not....

Confidence is a massive part of football.

We beat these today and it goes a LONG way toward the end result.

Big ask, but I think we can sneak it.

I've not really got a problem with Skrtel splitting the attackers there, if he just stays with Negredo then you'd have people bitching that he didn't close down the ball. He was in no man's land and the shot shouldn't have beaten Mignolet, I'd bet he saves that 9/10 times.

It wasn't his job to close down the ball. He had Negredo covered and Sakho was closing down the man on the ball, in the end he ran away from Negredo and didn't end up covering either (and forced Sakho to switch from the man on the ball to the runner, who he was too far behind to get near). He's as blind to the opposition in open play as he is to the ball on set pieces. He did the same thing earlier when he let Negredo run off him to get through on goal, luckily he made up for his lack of awareness that time with a last ditch tackle.