You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So...Manchester City!

WhiskeyJar

Manchester City vs Liverpool  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the result

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

Infuriating first half, for good and bad reasons.

We could have been 3 up if not for poor finishing and god awful officiating.

Then to go in to halt time like that. A goal that was preventable in so many ways. The break, the goalkeeping.

Both goals preventable. Hopefully we'll come out invigorated in the second half, but think it'll be difficult to come back from that.

I think we've played well and are unlucky to be 2-1 down. Not least because of that shocking offside decision on Sterling. I also feel Coutinho should have had a second.

Their first goal is a free-kick to Skrtel for me. Kompany has his elbow across Skrtel's throat for several seconds to keep him away. If that's allowed, Skrtel needs to answer in kind.

New boy Sissokho has done ok. He was caught ball watching for their first chance, but has played steady since.

For their second goal I feel Skrtel made a mistake in switching positions with Sakho. By doing that, he effectively playes Negredo online. He should have kept his side and left the rest to Sakho.

Still all to play for, we've been at least as good as them.

Mignolet needs to do better there. Still a FK that was ball to hand and a counter-attack that shouldn't have beat the keeper are the reasons they've scored. Linesman is the reason they're leading as Sterling was clearly onside for what should have been our first. A few adjustments need to be made, particularly to contain their counters but other than that more of the same and there's no reason we can't add at least 2 ourselves.

Also Skrtel needs to have a word with himself, his shirt pulling is so blatant, Kompany does it too, but in a much smarter way. It's gonna be a penalty sooner or later if he keeps on doing that.

I agree with you but Kompany had his forearm in Skrtel's fucking throat on at least one of those corners and yet nothing is said about it. Not that the commentary matters but I'm not sure how anyone can point out one without mentioning the other.