You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How old were you when we last won the league?

Sugar Ape

Not jumping the gun thinking we will win it this season, just something Pidge said in the match thread made me think how many of us can actually remember us winning the league?

How old were you when we last won it? How many of them can you remember us winning? I was only 9 when we last won it and can't really remember anything about it to be honest. I suppose Istanbul has been my greatest night as a supporter so far, but winning the league one day would surpass it for me.

It was wonderful, and being at Anfield to witness it was what I'd been planning to come half way around the world for since I was 7.

Unfortunately though, at the time, it was somewhat marred for me by the loss to Palace in the FA Cup Semi.

In those days, I was greedy and I wanted the Double, and the FA Cup was always the second leg of it (except in '89). We'd fallen at the last hurdle the previous two seasons, and I thought I'd be blessed enough to see it get done.

I also desperately wanted to watch Liverpool beat United in the FA Cup Final, still English football's showpiece game in those days.

That all came crashing down at Villa Park in the semi.

So, the League was merely a consolation for me.

In retrospect of course, it's now a golden, privileged memory.

I do remember winning nothing in 87 and almost changing my team to spurs cos they were in the cup final.

i nearly switched to Blackburn when they were challenging/winning the league, kind of 'supported' them on the sly, never seen us win the league, only know from roy evans being manager

23, so have had more years waiting for the next one than watching the last one.

First ever game I went to was the 74 FA cup final, so started on a high, and apart from the obvious, I wouldnt swap anything inbetween for anything. (apart from the g&h era)

Ridden the storm but keep on hoping.

12, it was a midweek game think we beat Derby 1-0, kenny came on as sub. All lined up facing the tunnel to collect the trophy.

It wasn't big news, it was just reported as Liverpool have won another title.

Having been raped at the final whistle by Arsenal the year previous it was widely expected that Liverpool would put in an extra effort that year to avenge Arsenal's triumph the year previous.

Little did we know after 1990 how bad it would go. United where still a laughing stock at this stage! Seriously funny defeats they suffered!!!!!