You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez signs new contract

Gnasher

I don't actually see what would have been so hard about it.

Big payrise.

Stays if he wants to. Leaves if he wants to, as long as the money's acceptable.

The contract is nothing but a conditional, notional, totally flexible and overturnable way of saying "I'm in for the long haul".

It's just a good piece of PR, mutually acceptable to both parties. Which is fine and dandy.

(Provided it's been thoroughly thought through and administered, which I'm assuming this time around it has)

A good post in full.

And good work by the club.

CL qualification will still be the determining factor  as to whether he stays or goes  this summer though.

A good post in full.

And good work by the club.

CL qualification will still be the determining factor  as to whether he stays or goes  this summer though.

Good work by Suarez's agent.

Lets not delude oursleves , if his old contract had a clear release clause he would probably be punching his card for the Arse right now. Its inconceivable this new contract doesnt leave him a very clear exit route at any time he chooses and for all his fine words we all should know by now they dont count for shit in todays game. Stevie was right last week when he said we should enjoy him whilst he is here. This contract changes nothing other that the fact that when the exit does come it will be quick and clean . I'll be happy if he does his job and bangs a few in against Cardiff today. Im not going get excited about a rich footballer getting even richer and dictating terms to his employers.

• Upvote 2

for all his fine words we all should know by now they dont count for shit in todays game.

What should count is full-on effort every minute of every match. How many of our players show that, other than Suarez and Henderson.

Talk is cheap, whatever the variety and however a person feels about it. What counts is what happens on the pitch. Suarez delivers.

Good work by Suarez's agent.

Lets not delude oursleves , if his old contract had a clear release clause he would probably be punching his card for the Arse right now. Its inconceivable this new contract doesnt leave him a very clear exit route at any time he chooses and for all his fine words we all should know by now they dont count for shit in todays game. Stevie was right last week when he said we should enjoy him whilst he is here. This contract changes nothing other that the fact that when the exit does come it will be quick and clean . I'll be happy if he does his job and bangs a few in against Cardiff today. Im not going get excited about a rich footballer getting even richer and dictating terms to his employers.

Now this is a good post in full.

• Upvote 2

After watching MOTD and Sunday Supplement, it's funny how all these "experts" and journalists are now jumping on the Suarez bandwagon, they're basically just saying what we've been saying for the last 2 and a half years. LUIS SUAREZ is without doubt the 3rd best player on the planet and on current form is the best. We all said that despite all his discrepancies he's just phenomenal. He deserved all the awards last season but didn't get them because of the bite and actually got booed at the ceremony, I'd love him to win them all this year and not turn up or to turn up and see if they do the same, I'm certain they won't because the media has said it's ok to like him and actually admit he's an unbelievable footballer.

I grew up in South America myself, and used to drink mate all the time, we usually call it "terere" in Bolivia.

I was once sitting quietly in the back of a meeting at a church hall sipping quietly on my tea when I was asked (politely, I must say) to please "refrain from bringing drug paraphernalia onto church property in the future."