You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players you know weren't that good but you had a soft spot for

Bjornebye

Cheyrou. I think it was mainly sheer pity at the hapless tit. And the white boots....

I really want to neg this, Milky lad.  I have never hated a Liverpool player as much as this man.  And I include that left back that Hodgson bought, the Danish midfielder too, and that keeper who cost us the title who we played week in week out no matter his form.  I didn't believe that I could HATE a player in a red shirt.

The nearest I'd come was when we signed McMahon as I'd always hated him.  I loved singing "Everton reject" at him when he got sent off playing for Villa at Anfield.  But what a hero he turned out to be.

Anyway I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt as I hope there is a slice of irony in what you are saying.

A player I knew wasn't that good but I had a soft spot for - Kevin McDonald.

Negged for including Dirk Kuyt in this thread.

98 caps for Holland.

Added him for having endless debates in these forums about how Kuyt was not Liverpool class and how his first touch was the worst anyone has ever seen.

In hindsight though, it was only ever with one person I ever debated with in that regard.

May I change Kuyt and have someone else instead?

Neil Mellor, here is why I have a soft spot for him:

• Upvote 1

Added him for having endless debates in these forums about how Kuyt was not Liverpool class and how his first touch was the worst anyone has ever seen.

In hindsight though, it was only ever with one person I ever debated with in that regard.

May I change Kuyt and have someone else instead?

Neil Mellor, here is why I have a soft spot for him:

Only the mentally ill didn't rate Kuyt.

Excellent shout with Mellor.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Reidle is a great shout.

I always had s soft spot for vignal. He was decent got an injurybthen never recovered his place in the team.

Kirkland too he was made of glass that boy.

I always remember Vignal for winning the free-kick from which Macca scored his Derby goal. I loved his Derby goal and his baldy head, so I also love Vignal for making the run that made it possible. The goal, not the baldy head. Vignal protests his innocence on that.