You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players you know weren't that good but you had a soft spot for

Bjornebye

I've had a few down the years. Normally for me its players who come with a big hype and I expect them to be great for us but end up turning out a bit shit. 

First for me is Andy Carroll. Signing him and Suarez so close together softened the blow of losing Torres and when he came on as a sub against the Mancs in his home debut then bullied Smalling I genuinely thought we would have an England number 9 banging them in for us for a good few years. The goals v City made me even more sure we had a great buy on our hands till it all went to shit. His fitness will always be a big question be it through and injury or a crate of stella on a wednesday night. Although i know he was a waste of money, i still felt gutted when we let him go to West Ham and hope he does well when he gets himself together. 

Second is Stig Bjornebye. I really don't know why I started liking him but I was a season ticket holder from 95 to 2000 and saw a lot of him, his cross for Fowlers winner in the 2nd 4:3 against newcastle sticks in my memory. What a fucking cross. Again, injury made sure he didn't reach his potential and he won't ever be held up as a top Liverpool left back but, I loved the lad 

Lastly , another left-back, Stephen Warnock. If his ability matched his enthusiasm he would still be here and be an England regular. Shame it doesn't but a good lad nonetheless and I was gutted to see him fuck it all up. 

Two immediately spring to mind:

Biscan - a lot of the time I wondered if the lights were on upstairs because he seemed to be a dim lumbering oaf at times, but he was very difficult to dislike.

Kyrgiakos - it's difficult to remember how he did in all his appearances for us, but my memory is of a limited player who played like he actually cared and who didn't let us down when picked.

Dirk Kuyt, was sad to see him go but for me he was a versatility quality player. Always had a soft spot for him.

Crouch was was another one, always knew he would come good for us. Will always remember his demolition of Arsenal.

Last but not least Dudek, enough said.

Agreed 

As for Kuyt - he was class , no way does he deserve a mention on a 'not that good' thread. Mr reliable. 

Dirk Kuyt, was sad to see him go but for me he was a versatility quality player. Always had a soft spot for him.

Crouch was was another one, always knew he would come good for us. Will always remember his demolition of Arsenal.

Last but not least Dudek, enough said.

Negged for including Dirk Kuyt in this thread.

98 caps for Holland.

Ryan Babel, incredibly frustrating player had all the tools to be a top player but there was something lacking and it appears his time at LFC was his pinnacle. In no ways a shite player scored some quality and important goals for us most notably the winner against UTD in September 2008 and of course his performance against the Arse in the CL QF winning the pen just after Adebayor equalised and then scoring a great goal on the counter to seal it. Seems like a top fella as well. Always tweets about us and holds us in great esteem, wish it could have gone better for the lad, I always held out hope for him even when he wasnt getting a kick under Roy I always thought he could have offered something.

Ryan Babel, incredibly frustrating player had all the tools to be a top player but there was something lacking and it appears his time at LFC was his pinnacle. In no ways a shite player scored some quality and important goals for us most notably the winner against UTD in September 2008 and of course his performance against the Arse in the CL QF winning the pen just after Adebayor equalised and then scoring a great goal on the counter to seal it. Seems like a top fella as well. Always tweets about us and holds us in great esteem, wish it could have gone better for the lad, I always held out hope for him even when he wasnt getting a kick under Roy I always thought he could have offered something.

You follow him on Twitter don't you?