You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jon Flanagan

Jhinge Machha

Kelly to right back, Johnson on the left then?

I highly doubt it, kelly has looked uncomfortable everytime he has played this season and has not had 90 minutes, city should not be his first start imo.

I was encouraged with what I saw from cissokho and there were positive signs, he may not be as good as glen or jose going forward but he is a decent lb imo.

City will be a chance for him to impress a few unless brendan goes for agger at lb which I would not like to see.

• Downvote 1

I highly doubt it, kelly has looked uncomfortable everytime he has played this season and has not had 90 minutes, city should not be his first start imo.

I was encouraged with what I saw from cissokho and there were positive signs, he may not be as good as glen or jose going forward but he is a decent lb imo.

City will be a chance for him to impress a few unless brendan goes for agger at lb which I would not like to see.

Where was Cissokho on Saturday? I can't remember hearing he was injured. If he's not then it's telling Kelly was on the bench and came on for Flanno when he went off.

I agree though, Kelly hasn't looked anywhere near the level he was at before injury, Nasri, Navas or Silva will have a field day. Agger doesn't work at lb at all, if any, and I'd still be against it as he's our best cb, Sakho would be a better fit there for me over Agger.

Where was Cissokho on Saturday? I can't remember hearing he was injured. If he's not then it's telling Kelly was on the bench and came on for Flanno when he went off.

I agree though, Kelly hasn't looked anywhere near the level he was at before injury, Nasri, Navas or Silva will have a field day. Agger doesn't work at lb at all, if any, and I'd still be against it as he's our best cb, Sakho would be a better fit there for me over Agger.

If flanagan is injured Kelly will be thrown in at the deep end and it will be sink or swim. Flanno did well in similar circumstances at arsenal.

think cissokho could be let go in jan if enrique and flanagan are fit.

Guest San Don

Its easy to forget the lad came into the team under the King and after some really promising performances, went back to the U21's for a long time. Credit to the lad for coming back into the team and looking good.

Many people were prefering Kelly to Flanno but, if the former can get back to his previous best, we're going to be blessed with 2 very good players who can play fullback.

Guest San Don

Kelly has not looked good when he has played this season so this is a bit of a worry. Don't think we have too many other options at the moment though.

To be fair, he is coming back from a serious long term injury. I think he needs to be and is being brought back gradually.

• 1 month later...

I really don't think he's got the pace and skills to be what we need. Would be extremely pleased if he proves me wrong, and to be fair he's played better than what I thought he had in him for some games.

His strengths apart from a first class attitude are composure on the ball and a decent eye for the right pass. Also good positioning. Also he doesn't batter opponents as frequently as he used to, which makes him less of a liability.

I disagree. I think he has plenty of footballing ability - good touch, good passer, gets into good attacking positions - add these to his bravery and excellent attitude plus hes 20 or 21? years old. I think he has every chance.

rodgers spoke about all the leaders in the changing room before the everton game and that flanagan was very vocal too. I wonder how vocal they were before this game. they certainly didnt display the same intensity.