You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jon Flanagan

Jhinge Machha

I have been against flanno before but I am starting to be really impressed with him, he has very good postional sense and is also good on the ball.The way he has just come in to the team after a year out and and not looked out of place says something about his ability, he is also out of position.

To be fair Ive always seen potential with him but the lack of interest in him made me think there was a big flaw in him I must be overlooking, I think the main thing he needs to improve is his physique and with more experience I can see him being a good prem full back.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He offers very little going forward, as evidence by everything he does. Yes, he was left unmarked and scored a goal. Is that going to be a regular thing? No, of course it isn't. It's bizarre that anybody can look at Flanno and think he offers lots going forward. He's slow, has no skill, and can't cross. He can't get into positions to cross with any real regularity. But wait, he scored, maybe he's Cafu after all. Carra scored occasionally, it doesn't mean he's Messi.

What he does have is desire, determination, aggression, and the will to get to the ball. I love that about him, but there's no reason to try to make out as if he's a wide-wizard. He's not even close.

He offers very little going forward, as evidence by everything he does. Yes, he was left unmarked and scored a goal. Is that going to be a regular thing? No, of course it isn't. It's bizarre that anybody can look at Flanno and think he offers lots going forward. He's slow, has no skill, and can't cross. He can't get into positions to cross with any real regularity. But wait, he scored, maybe he's Cafu after all. Carra scored occasionally, it doesn't mean he's Messi.

What he does have is desire, determination, aggression, and the will to get to the ball. I love that about him, but there's no reason to try to make out as if he's a wide-wizard. He's not even close.

Could've had 2 or even 3 goals yesterday. Was in the box several times. Offers less going forward than Johnson, but at least he doesn't leave gaps everywhere and actually bothers to track his man at set pieces.

Plus, he got an erection celebrating his first league goal for us. You can't teach that type of desire. 

The lad's done well.  

Boss signage going around the Lane when he scores.

Did indeed lad, did indeed.

First game ever versus Man City at home and he was superb. That in itself was enough to prove to himself that he could do it at that level.

Made up for him that he has got a run of games in the team, it will do him the world of good for his confidence as well as his game. He has really taken his chance and deserves his spot on merit.

Well in Flanno, keep it up lad.