You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Support is Fucking Shit

AngryOfTuebrook

• 8 years later...
8 hours ago, an tha said:

I know it was a dire performamce tonight, but the atmosphere especially for a semi was pathetic.

We were in 203 in kop and there was hardly anyone around joining in songs.

Its embarrassing.

Wathced it on TV. At 85 mins, going into the final surge, I could here one song strong and clear: "-... this is a library..." coming from the away section. Jez** football sucks sometimes.

3 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I know it's beside the point, but singing 'your support is fucking shit' 2 minutes into a game (or at any time for that matter) is proper small time bantz merchant bullshit.  

And, it's also not very good support. Singing songs about your own team is good support. Singing songs about how shit the opposition's support is is...er...shit support. 

21 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I know it's beside the point, but singing 'your support is fucking shit' 2 minutes into a game (or at any time for that matter) is proper small time bantz merchant bullshit.  

It is indeed. 

Also, stuff like "we can see you sneaking out" and "is there a fire drill?" probably don't have any place, but if they do it's for scenarios like Old Trafford - thousands streaming out 20 minutes from the end because they've seen all they can take - and not (as I've heard from visiting fans at Anfield) for traffic-beaters leaving 5 minutes early when their team is winning.

Chanting small-club shite is bad enough; doing it wrong is even worse.

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Would have been a largely local crowd as well last night. 

I think the games against Leicester, Shrewsbury and Arsenal were exceptionally bad, because cup games bring out a load of little kids and first-timers, who don't "get it", up against an unusually large allocation of traveling fans, who are more likely to be their team's regulars.

Says more about Arsenal that we can't be arsed turning up for them regardless. Fuck them. Anfield is capable of absolute thunder when it wants it and it wins us games itself but it can't be expected every time. The players have to be up for it as well, the crowd do their bit to start off, it's up to them to feed off that. When you can tell that half the side aren't up for it you just start feeling subdued. The best way to shut away fans up is put the ball in the back of the net. I'm still in shock about last night but nothing to do with the crowd or their fans, the side were a joke. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rubble-rouser said:

Hate all that small time shite...

But for a club that trades of its supposed 'great atmosphere' we really need to do better.

So many people around us filming on phomes as stand in silence.

My mate said to a fella who stood in front of us pretty much all the game last night with his phone filming 'hey lad, if we score you'll see it better without phone in front of you and it'll be on youtube to watch later anyway better than what you can film"

What's home atmosphere like at other clubs? Been a while since I went to an away game, but I don't remember any grounds in particular singing loudly constantly (I doubt that ever happens).

Also, it's not our fans who go on about how great the Anfield atmosphere is, it's other people - whether that's FSG in their marketing, opposition players, the media. 

Anyway, I've mostly found its the big European games where the atmosphere is great. Domestic stuff not so much (maybe except for Man U, Chelsea and Everton).

Deffo need some sort of retort to the generic banter bollocks that gets sung from the away end every game.

This is a library 

where’s your famous atmosphere 

your support is fucking shit 

feed the scousers 

Always the victims 

There used to be a your so original shout which was a bit shit but at least it was something. 

34 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Deffo need some sort of retort to the generic banter bollocks that gets sung from the away end every game.

This is a library 

where’s your famous atmosphere 

your support is fucking shit 

feed the scousers 

Always the victims 

There used to be a your so original shout which was a bit shit but at least it was something. 

Nah. Just sing our songs so loud you can't hear the pricks.