You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Support is Fucking Shit

AngryOfTuebrook

The atmosphere in general bar United has been poor. It's not just Anfield though. For me it's an effect of overpriced tickets and the excessive money go round of the Premiership and CL leadinfg not only to gentrification but a resentment for the average regular match goer which takes the edge of the atmosphere.

Having said that my view is if you go the game you might as well contribute to the atmosphere. i don't understand why anyone would want to pay that much to sit there mute with a gob on for 90 minutes. 

Life's short - go on and enjoy yourselves 

• Upvote 1

The atmosphere in general bar United has been poor. It's not just Anfield though. For me it's an effect of overpriced tickets and the excessive money go round of the Premiership and CL leadinfg not only to gentrification but a resentment for the average regular match goer which takes the edge of the atmosphere.

Having said that my view is if you go the game you might as well contribute to the atmosphere. i don't understand why anyone would want to pay that much to sit there mute with a gob on for 90 minutes. 

Life's short - go on and enjoy yourselves

Some peope enjoy attending games and watching live football, but don't feel the need to sing. What's not to understand?
  • Upvote 1

There's a distinct lack of wit at most grounds, and many don't fancy joining in with insulting and crass chants.

Plus of course, many actually prefer to get on with watching the game than worrying about what to sing next.

Of course, there's nothing like a rip-roaring atmosphere at a ground, and it takes everybody to join in to get that, but when it comes to chants?... most are cringeworthy really.

If fans want to sing Blue Moon, or You'll Never Walk Alone - great, it's getting behind the team... but all they want to do is slag off the opposition, then I can't be arsed, and neither can many others. I'll leave that to the young scallies and put it down to going through puberty.

The atmosphere at games this season, home and away, has been disappointing. And it is usually the case that, when a team is improving on the pitch, fans get excited and make a noise. If you're good (or crap) all the time there is little motivation to get behind the team but if you are batting above your average (as we have been this season, compared to recent years) fans tend to get more involved.

I will not attempt to explain this but will say that I, for one, will not join in any negative chants or songs but do try to help the team with anything positive or pro-Liverpool. My sezzie is in the Lower Centenary so I'm quiet most home games (no leadership qualities, I'm afraid) but look forward to away days.

We should, and must, do better.

Some peope enjoy attending games and watching live football, but don't feel the need to sing. What's not to understand?

I' talking from the perspective of a Liverpool fan rather than a consumer. If it was just 'some' then the atmosphere would be better. If you're not arsed about the atmosphere and you regard yourself as a passive customer then what is the motivation for paying over the odds when you can watch it on a stream or on the box? Some would say the atmosphere is the difference.

It's not just a question of singing or not singing anyhow. There is a tendency to be completely passive now and not react to anything that happens on the pitch. 

As I said, I don't get it.

From time to time there are traits displayed at Anfield or on this forum which fuck me right off.

I can't be alone in this, so I thought I'd start a thread where we can vent our spleen about the dickish conduct of our comrades.

I'll start.  Recently, my piss has been getting boiled by the sexist vitriol hurled at the manager's wife.  So she's not some shallow bit of FHM-friendly arm candy.  Big fucking deal.  Nor were Nessie or Jessie.  Show some respect or shut yer fucking gobs.

Good post I didnt like some of the comments that were coming out about our managers wife by our own fans, very disrespectful and someone had to say so.

There's much more to be gained from watching the game at the ground than just the atmos.  You get to see the game in the round, rather than just what the TV director wants you to see.  A much better understanding of the team and individual performance.

However, to go back to the crowd, the 'passivity' comes largely from the fact that we sit down at home games.  Aways are different - its easier to sing when you're standing up, and it's a bit of a throwback to the good old days.  

• Upvote 1

Haha. Cheers.

I' talking from the perspective of a Liverpool fan rather than a consumer. If it was just 'some' then the atmosphere would be better. If you're not arsed about the atmosphere and you regard yourself as a passive customer then what is the motivation for paying over the odds when you can watch it on a stream or on the box? Some would say the atmosphere is the difference.

It's not just a question of singing or not singing anyhow. There is a tendency to be completely passive now and not react to anything that happens on the pitch.

As I said, I don't get it.

My dad is a regular match-goer, and has been for decades. He doesn't join in with the singing or anything like that, and never has. He might have a moan at the referee or shout words of encouragement to the players on occasion, although he does this less often than when he was younger. He attends games because he prefers to watch football in a football ground as opposed to on the telly. He likes to be able to say he was there.
  • Upvote 1

My dad is a regular match-goer, and has been for decades. He doesn't join in with the singing or anything like that, and never has. He might have a moan at the referee or shout words of encouragement to the players on occasion, although he does this less often than when he was younger. He attends games because he prefers to watch football in a football ground as opposed to on the telly. He likes to be able to say he was there.

If he shouts words of encouragement then good on him because that's a lot more than most and is what I'm referring to.

• Upvote 1

There's a distinct lack of wit at most grounds, and many don't fancy joining in with insulting and crass chants.

Plus of course, many actually prefer to get on with watching the game than worrying about what to sing next.

Of course, there's nothing like a rip-roaring atmosphere at a ground, and it takes everybody to join in to get that, but when it comes to chants?... most are cringeworthy really.

If fans want to sing Blue Moon, or You'll Never Walk Alone - great, it's getting behind the team... but all they want to do is slag off the opposition, then I can't be arsed, and neither can many others. I'll leave that to the young scallies and put it down to going through puberty.

Fair point.and would agree in such cases just watching the game is preferable.

I just think some of the natural 'ebb and flow' seems to be absent now. 

Dont even get me started, all these Comparisons etc, Hate everyone not LFC everyone is against us bullshit really pisses me off.

I couldn't make head nor tail of this, so I tried it in Google Translate.  Apparently, in Latin it means

"Et nolite adepto mihi coepi, etc in omnibus his, quisque odio quisque LFC, non tamen est contra nos, qui numquam fuerunt minxit me."

I hope this helps.