Bjornebye

Foods you really don't like

34 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I'm sure you've claimed you don't like water. 

I mean how the fuck can you not like water? 

You’re right, I never drink plain water. Yes, it’s refreshing, I just find it boring. I always add a nice cordial. 

I don't understand fizzy water. You get the effervescence and you think the taste will follow but... nothing. It's like eating an eclair and finding there's no cream in it and they've forgotten the chocolate icing too.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't understand fizzy water. You get the effervescence and you think the taste will follow but... nothing. It's like eating an eclair and finding there's no cream in it and they've forgotten the chocolate icing too.

I think the appeal is the lack of taste for me, I dunno.

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah like a nice bottle of perrier or Pellegrino,  I drink a two litre one every morning in work.

Pellegrino for me - constantly, every day. 

• Upvote 1

Grapefruit is ace. However, Sainsbury’s recently delivered tinned stuff instead of fresh and it was genuinely the worst thing I’ve ever eaten. It was absolutely vile, I only managed about three pieces. It felt like I was being tortured.

Liver/kidneys is an obvious one. I used to like liver as a kid but as my tastebuds changed I grew to hate the stuff. 

I don’t like garden peas. I like marrowfat peas and obviously mushy peas are amazing but garden peas can fuck off. 

I don’t like the taste of milk. I can drink it in tea, or drink up the last of the milk from a bowl of cereal. I love milkshakes. But plain milk? God no. 

Same with butter. Melted butter is fine. On toast, jacket spuds, etc, I like it. But not melted, like on a sandwich? God no. 

I don’t like some of the stronger cheeses. And Parmesan can get in the bin as well. Vile stuff. 

The only other thing I can think of is fish pie/parsley sauce. God no. 

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I agree with this. I’ve never had a ready meal that I’ve even remotely enjoyed.

One of the reasons that shift workers suffer from gastrointestinal problems is the increased consumption of ready meals in comparison with other workers.

I'm a right laugh at parties.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

One of the reasons that shift workers suffer from gastrointestinal problems is the increased consumption of ready meals in comparison with other workers.

I'm a right laugh at parties.

Get over to the what's the story behind your username.

9845382e-0f9f-4b49-8479-bae56e216388.431

43 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Garden peas are the prince of vegetables, you pair of fucking rarfs.

You are having a mare on here today. 

First Succession, now garden peas. 

I used to look up to you, man. 

Liver, kidney and cabbage.

Always remember one day at primary school dinners, they put this 'thing' on my plate and told me to eat it up as it was good for you. Took one bite and nearly puked over the other 4 kids sat on the same table. Fucking liver, hated it ever since.

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Liver, kidney and cabbage.

Always remember one day at primary school dinners, they put this 'thing' on my plate and told me to eat it up as it was good for you. Took one bite and nearly puked over the other 4 kids sat on the same table. Fucking liver, hated it ever since.

Cabbage is like sprouts. One of those foods that got a bad name because people cooked it wrong for years. 

Cabbage. Braise it with butter and sea salt. Food of the gods. Sprouts. Saute with bacon. Fucking lovely.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Cabbage is like sprouts. One of those foods that got a bad name because people cooked it wrong for years. 

Cabbage. Braise it with butter and sea salt. Food of the gods. Sprouts. Saute with bacon. Fucking lovely.

Yeah I’ve changed my stance on sprouts for this very reason. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I’ve changed my stance on sprouts for this very reason. 

For years I only ever saw them on a Christmas dinner with the flavour boiled out of them. Why didn't we know?