You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Foods you really don't like

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I don't understand fizzy water. You get the effervescence and you think the taste will follow but... nothing. It's like eating an eclair and finding there's no cream in it and they've forgotten the chocolate icing too.

I think the appeal is the lack of taste for me, I dunno.

Liver/kidneys is an obvious one. I used to like liver as a kid but as my tastebuds changed I grew to hate the stuff. 

I don’t like garden peas. I like marrowfat peas and obviously mushy peas are amazing but garden peas can fuck off. 

I don’t like the taste of milk. I can drink it in tea, or drink up the last of the milk from a bowl of cereal. I love milkshakes. But plain milk? God no. 

Same with butter. Melted butter is fine. On toast, jacket spuds, etc, I like it. But not melted, like on a sandwich? God no. 

I don’t like some of the stronger cheeses. And Parmesan can get in the bin as well. Vile stuff. 

The only other thing I can think of is fish pie/parsley sauce. God no. 

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I agree with this. I’ve never had a ready meal that I’ve even remotely enjoyed.

One of the reasons that shift workers suffer from gastrointestinal problems is the increased consumption of ready meals in comparison with other workers.

I'm a right laugh at parties.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Liver, kidney and cabbage.

Always remember one day at primary school dinners, they put this 'thing' on my plate and told me to eat it up as it was good for you. Took one bite and nearly puked over the other 4 kids sat on the same table. Fucking liver, hated it ever since.

Cabbage is like sprouts. One of those foods that got a bad name because people cooked it wrong for years. 

Cabbage. Braise it with butter and sea salt. Food of the gods. Sprouts. Saute with bacon. Fucking lovely.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Cabbage is like sprouts. One of those foods that got a bad name because people cooked it wrong for years. 

Cabbage. Braise it with butter and sea salt. Food of the gods. Sprouts. Saute with bacon. Fucking lovely.

Yeah I’ve changed my stance on sprouts for this very reason.