You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (Home)

Megadrive Man

Fantastic game to watch, we should have scored about 10, and proobably conceded 3. Good to see Allen pressing, and taking responsibility after Gerrard went off. Hope the hamstring doesn't keep him out for too long because the squad is pretty threadbare. Well done redmen!

By all accounts Jose's Chelsea reverted to type in the last 5, hoofing it into the box - into STOKE's box, FFS!!!

They have a few tough games over the Xmas period. Arsenal's is horrendous and they historically are flaky and can go on a poor run when not fully confident. If City continue their excellent home form in 3 tough home games and get points against Swansea and Fulham away they look as if they could be top after Jan 1st.

I'd be happy if we got 8+ points in the next 5 games, which would keep us in the hunt. 

A fabulous performance matched by some favourable results elsewhere.

Although there is still much work for Rodgers to do, our competition seem to have at least as much to do too.

I am daring to dream. A top four finish, Suarez staying, more signings, dawn may be breaking.

• Upvote 1

I might be an utter cunt for this, but i want the blue shite to lose, and to lose ugly. i want them to get 3 straight reds, and a host of injuries. i want mirrallas to fall over his own feet and stomp on his own testicles, sidelining him for the rest of the season.

i hate the fact that they're on our backside, the dirty cunts.

• Upvote 6

Great results all round today. I hope Gerrard is ok. Looks more like his normal self when allowed to push forward. Can't afford to have him injured now. Wonder what Joe Allen's critics have to say about today's performance? given time this kid will prove himself to be a very good little player for us.

Fucking internet went tits up and missed a lot of the game. I saw Gerrard go off and then they got back into it and we looked dreadful until Suarez scored . I was convinced we were going to fuck it up and had visions of the sweaty fat-headed lard bucket telling the world how much they deserved a point. Delighted Allardyce got his traditional shafting at Anfield. Happy Christmas Fatty.

Anyone got an update on Stevie ? Didn't look great

Guest San Don

Well, what a game that was. Im not sure if it qualifies as 'grinding out a result' a good performance or something else.

We made hardwork of the first half and I was beginning to think this was going to be a disappointing 0-0 or worse after the Norwich game I had to miss. But then perseverance, good luck or a bit of both gave us an og and a 1-0 lead. Some may argue we got what we deserved and I wouldnt argue with that, it was that type of game.

Now I have to say sterling isnt one of my favourites but the new dickhead using his mate's ticket behind me was on sterling's case from the first whistle. Even the girl next to me reminded him he's 18 but no, that didnt cut it with mr motormouth. I couldnt help myself. So I said to him 'instead of coming here and fucking moaning, how about giving the team some support?' Too many moaners in Anfield nowadays.

Anyhow, early in the second half, some confusion in the west ham goal looked like a goal being turned in by Skrtel to make it 2-0 and atone in a small way for his og's at hull.

Despite having a good game, poor martin turned the ball into his own net around the 65 minute to make things a bit tense. Then Gerrard went off with what seemed a hammie and we really looked ropey.

I hope the people who've been clamouring for gerrard to be subbed or dropped noticed how we looked in this game when he went off. It wasnt good to watch and in my opinion, people should be careful what they wish for. Each to their own though.

But, from a resulting free kick Suarez looked to have poked home the 3rd to give us some breathing space. Rumours swept the ground that maybe Suarez's shot took a deflection and might be given as a west ham og?

I cant remember too much about the 4th goal but I think it came just before nolan got a straight red for a heel raking foul on Henderson.

I thought Sakho had a good game but why the fuck has the Ming started taking short goal kicks and putting ourselves in trouble? Is this the manager's direction or what?

Coming out the ground hearing that teams around us had dropped points and pushed us into 2nd made the day more enjoyable. It just makes you wonder IF the owners had of sanctioned a couple more quality signings, could we really make a challenge for the title this season the way the league is shaping?

Prior to the game, everyone under the stands had a fucking good laugh during united's game with manchester (there is more than one united afterall!), all the glum looking manc faces brought a cheer everytime the cameras focused on the previous gloating arrogant fucks of the last 15 years but, the biggest laugh was when gollum attempted to stop newcastle getting the ball on the touchline. Fucking classic.

• Upvote 1

Well, what a game that was. Im not sure if it qualifies as 'grinding out a result' a good performance or something else.

We made hardwork of the first half and I was beginning to think this was going to be a disappointing 0-0 or worse after the Norwich game I had to miss. But then perseverance, good luck or a bit of both gave us an og and a 1-0 lead. Some may argue we got what we deserved and I wouldnt argue with that, it was that type of game.

Now I have to say sterling isnt one of my favourites but the new dickhead using his mate's ticket behind me was on sterling's case from the first whistle. Even the girl next to me reminded him he's 18 but no, that didnt cut it with mr motormouth. I couldnt help myself. So I said to him 'instead of coming here and fucking moaning, how about giving the team some support?' Too many moaners in Anfield nowadays.

Anyhow, early in the second half, some confusion in the west ham goal looked like a goal being turned in by Skrtel to make it 2-0 and atone in a small way for his og's at hull.

Despite having a good game, poor martin turned the ball into his own net around the 65 minute to make things a bit tense. Then Gerrard went off with what seemed a hammie and we really looked ropey.

I hope the people who've been clamouring for gerrard to be subbed or dropped noticed how we looked in this game when he went off. It wasnt good to watch and in my opinion, people should be careful what they wish for. Each to their own though.

But, from a resulting free kick Suarez looked to have poked home the 3rd to give us some breathing space. Rumours swept the ground that maybe Suarez's shot took a deflection and might be given as a west ham og?

I cant remember too much about the 4th goal but I think it came just before nolan got a straight red for a heel raking foul on Henderson.

I thought Sakho had a good game but why the fuck has the Ming started taking short goal kicks and putting ourselves in trouble? Is this the manager's direction or what?

Coming out the ground hearing that teams around us had dropped points and pushed us into 2nd made the day more enjoyable. It just makes you wonder IF the owners had of sanctioned a couple more quality signings, could we really make a challenge for the title this season the way the league is shaping?

Prior to the game, everyone under the stands had a fucking good laugh during united's game with manchester (there is more than one united afterall!), all the glum looking manc faces brought a cheer everytime the cameras focused on the previous gloating arrogant fucks of the last 15 years but, the biggest laugh was when gollum attempted to stop newcastle getting the ball on the touchline. Fucking classic.

Third was a nice header from Luis, fourth was a strike by him from just inside the box that took a massive deflection off O'Brien and went down as an OG.

Guest San Don

It's natural for team who've just scored a goal to have their tails up. It had little to do with Gerrard going off. We adjusted and took a strangle hold on the game again.

Next week will tell us more.

Hmmm. Yes the goal gave them a boost but I thought west ham they had the upper hand for a good five mins before hand. When gerrard went off we looked even more all over the shop.

I still think gerrard is too good a player to hook or drop though.