You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez: The little magician

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Unlike you to get sucked into hyperbole NV.I think that the instances of one player seeking to deliberately injure another player are, thankfully, rare.

Self interest dictates that.

Well, obviously I don't think it's hyperbolic. I think there are obvious efforts to hurt players every week. Multiple incidents of it.

Well, obviously I don't think it's hyperbolic. I think there are obvious efforts to hurt players every week. Multiple incidents of it.

If they wanted to actually injure them, they would. It wouldn't be difficult. Players stamp and elbow all the time, but these very rarely lead to injuries. Serious injuries, anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing Luis at the WC. He'll light it up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yes, they don't take guns onto the field, if that's what you thought I meant. What they do do is deliberately aim to hurt other players, just because they're not blatant about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's not just stamps and elbows either, although they are obvious examples of what I'm saying.

There is a difference between being muscular, and aiming to injure another player.

The modern footballer is so fit that if the aim was to injure opponents every week, hardly a game would be finished.

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There is a difference between being muscular, and aiming to injure another player.

It would take a special type if moron to mix up deliberate elbows to the face, two footed lunges, flying studs to the leg, and stamps on the back with being muscular. I'm hoping you don't have me pegged as one. At least not that much if one!

It would take a special type if moron to mix up deliberate elbows to the face, two footed lunges, flying studs to the leg, and stamps on the back with being muscular. I'm hoping you don't have me pegged as one. At least not that much if one!

First law of holes is when you are in one, stop digging.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The one bit of business you have to take your hat off to the club for, is the utter resolve to not sell him in the summer (admittedly, it was helped by no one other than Arsenal biting, so to speak).

He could sell for 80m now, if someone really wanted him that badly.

A great profit.

As long as it's not spent on players who don't make the first team, that is.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sexrex and the Major seem to have forgotten the Mirallas challenge on Suarez.

And players stamping on his back against (I think) WBA last season. And the other challenges that go on week in and week out, where elbows and studs fly all over the place.

Some of the pundits creaming themselves over Luis, makes a nice change.

the media who wanted him out of the country, are beginning to see he's a footballing genius and the most newsworthy of all players, but wait, there's more to come, as Al Jolson said, you aint seen nothin' yet.