You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez: The little magician

WhiskeyJar

Phenomenal footballer. If Bale is worth £86M then Suarez must be at least £150M. 

That's the thing, he was getting talked of being valued around £50 million last summer.  He must be worth at least £75 million now, looking at the prices other players are going for.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The press are going to do their utmost to destabilise suarez now. Cuntery will begin asap.

This. Not just the press, either. I suspect a number of defenders will be looking to take him out.

What's the context? Is Bryan Oviedo going to go out to break Suarez's leg as well? And Sturridge's? Is Gaston Ramirez going to go in on Gerrard? Are Iniesta, Xavi and Piqué going to smash Sanchez's leg in training? Where does it end?

It's a pretty silly, paranoid notion in my view.

What's the context? Is Bryan Oviedo going to go out to break Suarez's leg as well? And Sturridge's? Is Gaston Ramirez going to go in on Gerrard? Are Iniesta, Xavi and Piqué going to smash Sanchez's leg in training?

It's a pretty silly paranoid notion, in my view.

Er, no. And you've managed to completely ignore the context.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Nah, it's not. I'd say the instances of footballers going out to intentionally injure another one are fairly rare.

Rrright. Well, I see it every weekend.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

In the Premiership, La Liga etc? Or games you partake in yourself?

Top level games. Have you never seen players deliberately stamp or elbow?

Firstly Suarez is unbreakable, secondly if they try to take him out he'll get them sent off, thirdly why would some premier league clogger want to take out Suarez, for the benefit of England, when chances are they won't be playing for their country at the world cup anyway?