You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez: The little magician

WhiskeyJar

• 2 months later...

The best player I've ever seen live at Anfield. In that, I include Stevie, Torres and Xabi.

The saddest thing I ever saw was him and Torres playing up front in that charity game the season after he left. The movement between them (even though it was a kick about) was just unreal. No team could've lived with them two and gave us a glimpse of what could've been had Torres not decided to jump ship.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

The best player I've ever seen live at Anfield. In that, I include Stevie, Torres and Xabi.

The saddest thing I ever saw was him and Torres playing up front in that charity game the season after he left. The movement between them (even though it was a kick about) was just unreal. No team could've lived with them two and gave us a glimpse of what could've been had Torres not decided to jump ship.

Torres was never the same player the last half season with us and afterwards because of injuries. He left or we got rid, whichever way you want to look at it, at the right time. 

2 hours ago, DJLJ said:

Torres was never the same player the last half season with us and afterwards because of injuries. He left or we got rid, whichever way you want to look at it, at the right time. 

I sometimes think his head had gone. Mind you, having to play under the owl would do that to you. 

Totally split on this.

One of the best players I have ever seen.

Drove the team up to his standards of winning.

Agenda for doing what he wanted to get his own way.

We need horrible cunts, but he took it to a different level.

Sorry, but biting opponents ain't the Liverpool way.

Take him back in a heartbeat!

And one of the best songs ever sung on the Kop, plaudits to whoever made it up.

4 hours ago, DJLJ said:

He was excellent in the weeks before we sold him, under Kenny.

No sign of him declining, which is why we got £50mil cash up front for the cunt.

He definitely downed tools under Woy.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, m0e said:

No sign of him declining, which is why we got £50mil cash up front for the cunt.

Totally disagree. Torres was never as fast as he was prior to his injuries and was a shadow of himself at Chelsea. We got the better deal there. 

54 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Totally disagree. Torres was never as fast as he was prior to his injuries and was a shadow of himself at Chelsea. We got the better deal there. 

Not one fan I know was anything other than distraught with him leaving. Pure revisionism based on hindsight and his stint at Chelsea, which wasn't as good as his time at Liverpool for fuck knows how many reasons.

Happy for you to show me evidence of the contrary.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Totally split on this.

One of the best players I have ever seen.

Drove the team up to his standards of winning.

Agenda for doing what he wanted to get his own way.

We need horrible cunts, but he took it to a different level.

Sorry, but biting opponents ain't the Liverpool way.

Take him back in a heartbeat!

And one of the best songs ever sung on the Kop, plaudits to whoever made it up.

Celtic.

8 hours ago, m0e said:

Not one fan I know was anything other than distraught with him leaving. Pure revisionism based on hindsight and his stint at Chelsea, which wasn't as good as his time at Liverpool for fuck knows how many reasons.

Agreed. It's easy to say now, he was broken, great decision by the club, played a blinder etc but at the time he simply wanted to move on to a better team. 

The day after he left I saw a poster of him in a wheelie bin with the eyes poked out. That Chelsea away was the most rabid I've ever seen our support. We cared, it hurt, but fuck it. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, m0e said:

I agree Kenny seemed to get the best out of him again. But that was just a couple of weeks. I would wonder if his downing tools was broader than the owl, there was a lot of animosity between the club, Torres and Spain the way his injury he had in the run up to the world cup went. And he never seemed to be quite as explosive after that injury. I honestly think he lost his heart for football a bit during that whole period and just never got it back while he was young enough to be the same player. Only he knows that though. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, m0e said:

I'd go as far as saying that his downing tools wasn’t the full story of his decline under Woy. At the time, we had 3 genuinely world class players (Reina, Gerrard & Torres) and Woy switched to a form of hoofball that nullified the threat of all of them. (Instead of Reina playing an accurate 40-yard pass to Gerrard, who would find Torres with another accurate pass, Woy had Pepe hoofing it 70 yards over Gerrard's head, in the vague direcion of Torres.)

Nando's mistake was not sticking around until, at least, the end of the season, to see what the new owners, new manager and new strike partner could do.

9 hours ago, m0e said:

I was distraught when he left & it was the last time I really gave a shit about a player leaving but he'd been poor for a while (despite a couple of nice goals under Kenny) & was absolutely shite at Chelsea. 

From memory, he got injured at a World Cup or Euros & was never the same after that. A real shame as he was the best striker on the planet when we signed him, he was Van Basten levels of amazing.

Suarez can fuck off as well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I honestly think he lost his heart for football a bit during that whole period and just never got it back while he was young enough to be the same player. Only he knows that though. 

During the last couple of years of Randolph & Mortimer, Liverpool FC was not a happy place for anyone.