You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez: The little magician

WhiskeyJar

I still can't believe some think that was Rodgers' work.

He deserves some credit for Suarez' performance last season. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

He might be my favourite ever player to watch, used to be laudrup but I think Suarez has surpassed him.

Just watched all the liverpool Suarez goals and what is apparent other than the great footballer, is how he just doesn't give up, he never assumes the defender is in control. Fucking relentless from day one and if Rodgers had any hand in that then he should teach the rest of our team. So many times it looked like he'd lost control or the pass had been too strong for him etc but he scored anyway.

Some of the things he does are simply unfathomable, there's only really him and Messi that have that quality. To have both of them in the same team is just mind boggling. The £75m they paid is an absolute bargain for the amount of La Liga's and champions leagues they'll win off the back of them two.

How Rodgers thought we would cope and be as good without suarez is beyond belief. He's a freak of nature, never say die once in a lifetime player. Unbelievable talent.

I'm not sure Rodgers or any other manager would have said anything different, regardless of what he might have feared. In fairness to him, he handled Suarez brilliantly the summer before and it was pretty clear he was on his way out last summer no matter what happened. Still, he would have been good value at £300,000 per week.

Is he banned for the Copa America this Summer?

If he has a decent competition, and carries on scoring next season like he has this season, I fancy a bet on him for Balon D'or.

Messi could be injured from now til New Year and still win it, so if I was a betting man, I'd stay well away from that one!

Suarez was working as a waiter in a cocktail bar, when Rodg came through. He picked you out, he shook you up and turned you around, turned you into someone new. (Cos you never set up hat-tricks for Kuyt or scored crazy goals before Dodg got here did you? )

Now 12 months on you've got the world at your feet, success has been so easy for you. But don't forget it's Dodg who put you wh9re you are now (you cunt). And he can put you back there too. (Er, actually he can't, as he didn't discover you, sign you or play you in a new position previously unfamiliar to you).

However, you just can't beat a pat on the back or a stroke on the cheek from a warm pair of charming Irish hands. And when it comes to that, he is world class for me Clive.

Don't, Don't you trust me? I promise I won't sign anymore wankers with the money. 

Donj't, Don't you trust me? Milner is a good lad and that Ings is what we nee-eed.  (sorry I know it;s shit)

Sponsored by Modelo

• Upvote 6