You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez: The little magician

WhiskeyJar

That's the problem with these drugged up, rock band, celebrity smack heads - Sky or Talksport give them a platform, and they start to think their opinions on football matter.

He needs to stick to injecting himself with smack and fighting his inbred brother.

Noel Gallagher.

Who would be fuck all without his brother fronting those ploddy 2nd hand riffs.

Luckiest bloke in Rock music.

Ever.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Will he be here next season? If he buggers off to Spain, no-one will begrudge him after this season.

I would.

From a business perspective if it looks like he has made up his mind for a move (y'know the way players do) then I would say let him go ASAP rather than cause us trouble or drag shit on. His stock is through the roof at the moment and he is at peak price and peak in his career.Thats what my head says. We could stregthen 2 to 3 positions with the cash from him.

Dont get me wrong, i never want him to leave and would be gutted if he did but you aint getting a better price for him than right now. Well maybe after the World Cup if he has a stormer.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You're implying that you expect loyalty.  I don't.  The only time I get annoyed is when the protagonist clearly takes the piss and misleads the club and its fans.

I'd be pissed because we've got what he said he wants, and we're in a position to challenge for the title. If he goes, he goes, but I won't be pleased about him going or understand it. Not because of loyalty, but because we're a quality club with a quality side in the making.

I would agree - you can't bitch about CL footy (and hedge a move to fuckin Arsenal) and then leave under that premise now. We also gave him a whopping wedge.

The only way he can leave now is come clean and say either - I want to play for Madrid - or - I want to be one of the top paid players in the world.

Either could well be true - probably both tbh.

This season must have served as an eye opener for him in terms of what he can potentially achieve here. I'll be gutted if he decides he wants to leave now. But should he, we'll recieve a shitload of money, and it would be interesting to see what Brendan would do with that money. Still he's been the best player in the world this season, no ifs or buts about that. So he'd be a huge loss.

noel gallagher putting the boot in on suarez

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/noel-gallagher-revels-liverpool-fcs-7078102

City-supporting Oasis songwriter Noel Gallagher revelled in Liverpool's fading title hopes last night, calling Luis Suarez a 'blatant cheat' and enjoying the tears of the Premier League's top scorer and team-mate Steven Gerrard.

Gallagher was reacting as Liverpool threw away a three-goal lead inside the last 12 minutes against Crystal Palace to put the destiny of this year's Premier League title further into City's hands.

And the 46-year-old was delighted about a result that inches City closer to the title – although he warned that the race is not quite over – yet.

“They do tend to get caught up in the emotion of it all, Liverpool and their supporters,” he said on talkSPORT.

“To be honest tonight I was hoping they'd win to keep City a bit battle-hardened – we do have a tendency to be a bit complacent about things like this. It was amazing to watch. I was flicking between it and the snooker.

“It was nice to see Suarez in tears at the end. I like that because he's a blatant cheat. How he's been given the Sports Writers Football of Year is a disgrace. And it's nice to see him and Steven Gerrard cry. It's an endearing image. I did tape it.”

What a bad bell. 

If Madrid want him.....no I don't even know. I wanted him out at the start of this season but it's been great, at the end of the day though I think that if a player wants to leave he should be able to. Keeping someone against their will because of a contract seems a bit like slavery to me, but if they signed it too it's partly their fault anyway. (No I don't care that he's rich, I'm not on about money. I mean keeping someone from moving on with their life and going off elsewhere with their family, etc, because of a piece of fucking paper.)

But if it's Madrid, the one club he seems to want above any other, we should let him go at the right price. He's not going to stay here for much longer so maybe it's best that we move on and see what Brendan can do with some proper money behind him.

I kind of think of Noel as a big brother figure, (his band got me into playing guitar.) but he's being a twat there. At least this club isn't owned by fucking oil barons either and I hope it stays that way. Would rather we fought with a decent side that had worked hard as a unit and progressed over time than have a fantasy football squad.

And no that's not being bitter, I just think that the more we have fantasy football squads the more the game is fucked, and we'll just have a bigger and bigger gulf between rich and poor clubs which will utterly destroy the game. We'll be like La Liga eventually if it isn't stopped, and with fucking UEFA it's almost a certainty that things will just get worse, even if City have had some shit from them recently.

Whatever happens, IF it does turn out he wants to go we need to make sure we get our asses in gear and sign a top quality replacement. 

Any fucking about during this summer would be criminal considering we've managed to put ourselves back at the top table. 

A combination of Keegan and Dalglish, with the energy of Emlyn Hughes, the toughness of Tommy Smith, the cunning brilliance of Graeme Souness, the defender frightening sharpness of St John, the prolific scoring ability of Hunt and Rush, the heart of Shankly, the commitment to success of Paisley.....as much a Red as anyone of us, this Suarez guy looks a prospect.